Instructions for Applying:
If qualified and interested in the position as advertised, please apply through the Florida State University job site at https://jobs.fsu.edu
. (Job ID# 31469)
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. In one attachment, please include a cover letter with a complete statement of qualifications, a full resume of education and relevant experience, and the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three persons who are knowledgeable about your qualifications for this position.
Applications must include work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action Employer
May 20, 2010
For More Information
|| Electronic Resources Collection Management Librarian
|Number of Positions Available:
|| $50,000 to negotiable
Florida State University Libraries seeks a knowledgeable and innovative individual for the position of Electronic Resources Librarian. The E-resources Librarian reports to the Associate Director for Collection Development and works closely with acquisitions librarians in the Technical Services Division, the Electronic Resources Management Systems (ERMS) Librarian in the Technology Division, and librarians who are liaisons to academic departments. The E-resources Librarian provides leadership in identifying, licensing, and acquiring electronic resources, including databases, individual and bundled e-journals, serials and e-books, with a focus on accessibility, maximum visibility, and optimum usage of e-resources by FSU students, faculty, and staff. Other responsibilities include gathering and analyzing use statistics, and service on library and statewide e-resources committees.
|Education / Qualifications:
This position requires a graduate degree from an ALA-approved program.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library or information studies program.
- Minimum two years experience managing electronic resources in a medium to large academic, research or public library.
- Experience maintaining, analyzing and reporting database usage statistics.
- Involvement with Electronic Resources Collection Development policy issues.
- Familiarity with licensing agreements and their application to individual libraries and/or library consortia.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues related to the management of electronic resources.
- Experience working with Electronic Resources Management Systems (ERMS) or similar tools.
- Familiarity with proxy access.
- Familiarity with SFX or similar link resolver products.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents.
- Knowledge of electronic continuations and monographic pricing models.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with common desktop computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
|| Strozier Library
116 Honors Way
|| Florida State University
|| 600 W. College Avenue
- Collection Management/Devel.
|Email this Job Posting:
Enter a valid email address to email this job posting to a friend:
Job descriptions on the Florida Library Jobs Web site are posted and maintained by the respective library employers who submitted them to this site. Florida Library Jobs has no further information about these job openings. For questions about a particular job opening, please contact the library offering the job.