- Associate Librarian
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Join the Team of a Premier Online Graduate Level University and…
Imagine Yourself at a Higher Degree.
At Northcentral University (NCU), we strongly believe that our University is only as good as our team of staff, faculty and students around the world united by a commitment to excellence, innovation, diversity and accountability.
We celebrate personal and professional growth and desire to see our team members fully realize and reach their potential. When you join the Northcentral team, you will enjoy a challenging, positive and fun work environment that promotes productivity, achievement and fulfillment.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are ready to be challenged and inspired in your daily work as part of a growing, success-oriented company, then we want to hear from you!
What We Are Looking For
NCU is currently seeking a dynamic individual to become part of our Learning Resources team as Associate Librarian.
The Associate Librarian is responsible for providing leadership for the Northcentral University Library. The Associate Librarian works collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff, and the community to ensure the Library engages in activities that fulfill the mission/vision of the Library and University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and supervise all functions of the library in support of the university mission
- Serve as the primary advocate for the library
- Develop and implement assessment of student learning and continuous improvement programs to measure library effectiveness and make improvements based on the results
- Supervise staff and foster an environment that encourages the retention of highly qualified staff
- Provide strategic leadership for the coordination and management of library services and the integration of emerging technologies and trends
- Oversee strategic planning, department reviews, budgeting, accreditation tasks, resource management, and overall library policy and procedure planning and development
- Negotiate contracts with vendors vigorously
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships within the library, department, and university
- Work closely with all schools to support faculty research and teaching, service, and student learning
- Incorporate appropriate technologies within the learning philosophy of the university to support its distance education programs
- Provide creative leadership for design of web pages used by faculty and students
- Foster an organizational culture based upon respect, service, teamwork, professional growth, and responsibility
- Collaborate with school leaders to integrate information literacy across the curriculum
- Ensure that students who are referred to the library are supported fully with respect to their unique growth area(s) Collaborate with other departments/institutions supporting students
- Coordinate/establish cooperative agreements needed with other institutions/organizations
- Serve on various committees of the institution and represent the library at professional committees both locally and nationally
- Seek external support for program initiatives
- Investigate and implement new ideas and innovations in reference and instruction
- Help the library to evolve with the changing needs of students and faculty members
- Publicize library services and resources via various and appropriate means on a regular basis
- Actively engage in professional development, research, and publication/ presentation of knowledge
- Fill in for library team members on PTO when another team member with the same skillset is not available
- Participate in required training, coaching, and other professional development activities that promote high-quality support services
- Plans and prioritizes work within the scope of responsibility
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Learning Resources
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Ability to establish online rapport and maintain a friendly, helpful, patient attitude and demeanor
- Expertise in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in an online, asynchronous environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work to meet goals
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer and phone system
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with aggressive goals and a commitment to educational quality as well as faculty and student success
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds working in various functions
Education and Experience
- ALA-accredited master's degree in library, information studies, or related field
- Experience managing a traditional or virtual (preferred) academic library
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience in management, budgeting and administration of online Library services/programs
- Experience in strategic planning, assessment of student learning, continuous improvement, accreditation, contract negotiation, and budget management
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies for academic libraries
- Knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities associated with working with students, faculty members, and other stakeholders in a virtual library
- Strong record of scholarship, research, and professional service
- Demonstrated ability to use data to enhance effectiveness and efficiency as part of a continuous improvement initiative
Who We Are
NCU was founded with the goal of providing accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. No other university can match NCU’s uniquely flexible approach to online learning, which includes weekly course starts and personal one-to-one mentoring from our professionally seasoned, all-doctoral faculty in a class size of one. With no residency requirements, NCU is perfect for the independent, self-motivated student who seeks a world-class education no matter where they live!
Across all of our Schools — the School of Business & Technology Management, School of Education, and School of Social & Behavioral Sciences — NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically to become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, and San Diego, California, as well as students, alumni and faculty in more than 50 countries, NCU is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly-credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to help others fulfill their dreams through higher education?
Apply today at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=NCUEDU&jobId=22076&lang=en_US&source=CC3
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Northcentral University
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- Online University
- San Diego
- Institution Name :
- Northcentral University
- Online University
- San Diego
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=NCUEDU&jobId=22076&lang=en_US&source=CC3