Job: Librarian PT
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian PT
- Number position available:
- $18,574.40 Annually $17.86 Hourly
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Professional work enriching the library experience for our customers by providing customer service that connects library customers to information, resources and services. The library professional works to engage the customer (children, teens or adults) individually or in groups for library programming. Delivers information services (reference and readers advisory) to customers, using reference research technology and teaches information literacy.
- Provides information, research, and reader's advisory services in person, by telephone, and in virtual/chat reference services.
- Responsible for providing quality customer service, maintains level of efficiency and professional standards of service. Responsible for increasing and improving the library experience for our customers.
- Provides training and support for library customers in the use of e-books, mobile apps, databases and services.
- Responds to inquiries from the public about the library's website, and online library functions, databases, and policies.
Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program or current active enrollment in an ALA accredited Master's Degree in Library Science program. Knowledge of reference sources in all formats, knowledge of fiction and nonfiction literature for all age levels, experience providing training or public presentations, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
A comparable amount of education, training, or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Seminole County Public Library System
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 215 N. Oxford Rd.
- Institution Name :
- Seminole County Government
- 1101 E. 1st Street
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Christine Patten
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
To apply, please complete application online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seminolecountyfl