Job: Business Intelligence (Research) Specialist
Go back to All Jobs
- Business Intelligence (Research) Specialist
- Number position available:
- Commensurate with experience
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
The Business Intelligence Specialist supports the business development and marketing activities of the attorneys and marketing department firm wide. This is a demanding position in a fast-paced environment and requires excellent written, verbal, analytical and project management skills, as well as the ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines. The Business Intelligence Specialist must demonstrate initiative, eagerness to learn, strong intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take ownership of key projects. The position reports to the Business Intelligence Manager.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct competitive intelligence research and analysis in response to specific target opportunities as well as address Holland & Knight's competitive position in geographic locations, industries and practices.
- Assist with the collection of competitive intelligence research by using multiple software tools and databases (such as Capital IQ, West's Litigation Monitor Suite, Hoover’s, IBISWorld, Edgar, Westlaw and other online media and sources) to locate relevant market research.
- Perform routine research on discrete tasks to assist in creating Intelligence Briefs (Company Level) and Industry Briefs (Market/Industry Level) by researching individual companies and markets/industries and synthesizing results into summary form, including:
- Company overview and areas of opportunities.
- Industry overview and trends.
- Key contacts and market segments.
- Prospect lists by industry.
- Transactions lists.
- Effectively manage projects under time and cost constraints and set reasonable expectations.
- Assist with the coordination and maintenance of the firm and department’s internal data.
- Work with diplomacy, discretion, cooperation and follow through.
- Works closely with all areas of the Marketing Department as well as Library Services, Accounting/Finance and other areas.
- Participates in the development of departmental policies and procedures in a team environment.
- Assist with other marketing projects and administrative duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related area, preferably in a legal or professional services marketing environment.
- Research interests, intellectual curiosity; analytical skills and ability to convey research in written form are key.
- Strategic thinking and high energy; be results and detail oriented.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of computer and database skills; intermediate Word and Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be flexible in taking on various projects.
- Business and/or legal research experience helpful, but not required.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Brandon, FL
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 524 Grand Regency Boulevard
- Institution Name :
- Holland & Knight LLP
- 524 Grand Regency Boulevard
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Mica Johnson
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Apply here: https://hklaw.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Holland_Knight/job/Operations-Center/Business-Intelligence-Specialist_R1073