· Setup, maintains and breakdowns audio/video equipment
· Supervises Media Services students and part-timers
· Communicates and collaborates with student assistants and Administrative staff in support of school and library objectives
· Performs additional related duties as requested
· Comfortable using windows based operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
· Strong attention to details and troubleshooting processes
· Must be familiar with all AV cable and connector types
· Assist and instruct patrons in the use of audio visual equipment
· Supervise the inventory control of audiovisual and media equipment and supplies and order department supplies as needed
· Provide occasional relief at the Circulation Desk during heavy media hours
· Update the web as needed
· Assure that the website is easy to navigate and that it addresses the needs of our visitors
· Assure quality and functionality of web pages
· Debug issues that arise with the performance of the website
· Troubleshoot the site in areas including content, links, registration flows and transaction logs
· Be able to implement search engine optimization strategies
· Review statistics and monitor analytics
· Plan for future changes to the website to stay current with new technology
· Strong customer services skills
· Although the working hours for this position are 9:00AM-5:00PM; it may require in some occasions to work shift schedules (occasionally include evening and/or weekend hours) to accommodate events
· Must be able to understand and operate:
Soundboard mixing, Camera setup and controls, Microphone/speakers and could checks, Production board controls, Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
· Be able to effectively coordinate AV setup schedules
· Possess strong work ethic, good customer service skills and a strong attention to detail
· Be willing and enthusiastic to learn and adapt to new and cutting edge technologies
· Be able to prioritize time and efforts appropriately in busy work environment
Audio Visual and video Teleconference experience
MLS Degree-seeking candidate preferred.
A bachelor’s in media, website development, computer sciences or related field is required. (Master degree preferred).
This position requires proven database design skills and previous experience in the development and maintenance of a website.
Proven ability to take projects from concept to completion
Project management experience
Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
High attention to accuracy and detail
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Knowledge, experience and commitment to working in a culturally diverse environment
Experience in an academic environment preferred
Physical address where the job position is located.
Associate Director and Head of Technical Services
Send resume and 3 references via email