Broward County, Board of County Commissioners is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Library Regional Manager - Community Engagement in the Libraries Division. Additional vacancies may be filled from this recruitment within the library system. This position may be assigned to any location within the Libraries Division based on operational needs. The ideal candidate for this position will work in partnership with the Leadership Team to fulfill the Library's Strategic Plan by providing direction, oversight, and management and innovation efforts for essential Library programs and services.
The ideal candidate must also be able to demonstrate vision, strategic thinking, collaboration and inclusive leadership skills; have the ability to be flexible, adaptable, and creative; have the willingness to embrace and drive effective change initiatives; to be intellectually engaging with strong interpersonal, communication, and advocacy skills; to be able to influence others, negotiate successful resolutions, and engage in effective problem solving; be able to recognize and set priorities, and to use initiative and independent management decision-making; be able to organize, direct, motivate and evaluate public service management and oversee same for public service employees; and have the ability to mentor others and foster a team environment.
Requirements: Requires a Master's degree from a college or university in Library Science, Library and Information Science, or field relevant to area of assignment. (Master's degree must be from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association depending upon area of assignment).
Requires five (5) years of professional library experience or experience relevant to area of assignment; including four (4) years of relevant supervisory experience.
· Certificates in ALA Leadership; Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute; or Post Master Certificates in Librarianship
· Master's Degree in Public Administration; Education; Information Technology; Social Work, or Business Administration
· 4 years’ experience designing large scale services for low-literacy, disadvantaged, marginalized, and special populations
· 4 years’ experience managing and/or developing a system-wide plan of service for adult programs and services
· Experience in Project Management and Partnerships
· Demonstrated Operational and logistical experience in new service delivery
· Experience in grant writing and implementation
Physical address where the job position is located.
How to Apply: Your application must be received on-line at www.broward.org/careers. This announcement will remain active until a sufficient number of applications has been received and may close at any time.
Be advised that during emergency conditions, all County employees are automatically considered emergency service workers. County employees are subject to being called to work in the event of a disaster, such as a hurricane, or other emergency situation and are expected to perform emergency service duties, as assigned.
BROWARD COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROVIDER OF SERVICES