Under the direct supervision of the Department Head, the Reference Assistant I performs public service work of a routine nature, related to library, computers and technology, which requires the application of skilled techniques and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assisting patrons with routine and directional inquiries not requiring research or reference knowledge.
· Assisting patrons with computer and technology inquiries related to public computer usage.
· Assisting patrons in identifying or locating material; perform data entry to library databases, records and accounts, both computerized and manual;
· Interpreting and applying library policies and department procedures to the running and maintenance of the 2nd floor public area and Reference Department objectives.
· Interpreting and applying library policies and procedures while performing duties in a variety of library departments.
· Answering telephones and directing calls to appropriate persons.
· Assisting in the teaching of computer classes and technology programming.
· Assisting staff with matters relating to computers and technology.
· Cooperating with the library staff in performing any duties essential to efficient library operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE
High school graduate required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Highly effective customer service skills and experience required. Highly competent in computer use, technology, hardware and software, and troubleshooting technical issues. Competence in the ability to deal tactfully with the public, especially in stressful situations. Must be a self-starter. Must be dependable, punctual, and flexible. Must be a team player, with a proactive attitude. Must have the ability to adapt to changing needs of the community as necessary. Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite and database software preferred. Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid Florida driver’s license and a good driving record. Bilingual and fluent in English and Kreyol (speaking, reading and writing) preferred.
Ability to lift 25 pounds in the shifting, moving and processing of library materials and equipment required. Ability to navigate stairs, kneel, bend, reach, stand for 2 hours, stretch and stoop in the maintenance of computer hardware and systems. Must be able to work weekends and evenings as necessary, as well as other duties as required.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Email cover letter and resume at email@example.com