ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. Located on our Lakeland campus, this professional Librarian position reports to the Director of TLCC and Learning Resources and provides and excellent opportunity to support the academic success of our students. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position works with the Library and TLCC Director to coordinate and facilitate all areas of library services. The primary function is to support instructional programs by providing library users (students, staff, faculty, and community users) with quality information services, including instruction in the use of information tools and resources. The position collaborates with faculty to improve service, participate in college-wide activities and committees, and perform additional duties as needed and assigned.
• Provides instruction in the use of information resources (both electronic and print) and technologies to student, faculty and staff groups, and individuals.
• Assists students, faculty, staff and community users in locating, evaluating and accessing materials.
• Assumes responsibility for the daily operation of the library and library staff.
• Develops instructional resources in print, electronic and multimedia formats to assist users and promote information literacy and critical thinking techniques.
• Participate in collection development - print, non-print, and online resources.
• Supervises and facilitates circulation, reserves and interlibrary loan services.
• Maintains records and statistics necessary for planning and improvement.
• Provides support for online learning using a variety of technologies.
• Designs, develops and implements online learning objects and content modules to support online information literacy instruction.
• Conducts assessment of the library's information literacy instruction programs and collaborates with faculty and staff on assessment of information literacy general education outcomes across the curriculum.
This position is a level P15. Please see starting salary range below.
• Proficient use of computers and the Internet including basic software programs, webpage maintenance, multimedia tools.
• Ability to work with a diverse community and meet the needs of a variety of learning and personality styles.
• A commitment to public service and student success.
• Supervisory skills.
• Ability to teach and work with groups and individuals.
• Embraces change and explores new ideas.
• Expertise in searching and retrieving information from a variety of formats and sources.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of:
• a resume, statement of teaching philosophy and
• an electronic job application (all sections completed).
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening: Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
• Non-Instructional Transcripts: For most professional/salaried positions (P16 and below), uploading of unofficial transcript(s)(with confidential information redacted) during the hiring process is welcomed, but not required. However, please note that education will be verified for all stated degrees.
• Foreign Transcripts: For staff positions where a degree is required, all international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES®). More information about http://www.naces.org/members.htmlcan be obtained at the NACES® http://www.naces.org/index.html.
• Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
• Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants must use the https://polkstatecareers.silkroad.com/map_images/main/SiteGen/PSCexternal/Content/Uploads/Documents/EmploymentListings_Documents/Veterans_Preference_in_Employment/Polk_State_Veterans__Preference_FINAL_Fillable_Form__June_2012.pdfto apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. All required documentation (Polk State Veteran’s Preference Documentation Form and the DD-214) must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
• As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
• This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, December 15, 2017.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Valparisa Baker, Director, Equity & Diversity (Title IX Coordinator), 999 Avenue H, NE, Winter Haven, FL 33881, Office: WAD 227, 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378, email@example.com.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
46,104.59 - 58,574.17 USD
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1132121
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
A Master of Library Science or Library and Information Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school is required.
At least 1 year professional level, library experience, including experience in library instruction, is required.
Additional related experience, preferably in higher education, is preferred.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
Physical address where the job position is located.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1132121