Job: Electronic Serials Collections Specialist
Go back to All Jobs
- Electronic Serials Collections Specialist
- Number position available:
- Available upon request.
- Job Category:
- Technical Services
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean of the Library, the Electronic Serials Collections Specialist is a full-time hourly staff position. The position is responsible for maintaining the Library’s electronic serial collections and ensuring serial title accessibility in the library’s catalog and discovery systems. The successful candidate for this position will be detail-oriented with advanced computer and technology skills, especially in the area of database management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains digital serials collections, currently numbering over 100,000 titles in the catalog by adding and discarding titles based on availability from vendor packages and database holdings.
- Ensures serial title accessibility in the catalog and discovery systems (OCLC’s Worldshare Management System and WMS Discovery).
- Manages the subscriptions for digital serial packages and individual serial titles, including renewal, invoicing, and subscription tracking.
- Troubleshoots connectivity issues for titles in electronic serials collections and databases.
- Proactively tests electronic serials accessibility for subscribed titles and packages.
- Provides backup support for other library technology issues, such as web design, Worldshare Management System maintenance, and library proxy issues (EZProxy).
- Includes other electronic collection maintenance or library technology duties as assigned.
THE DUPONT-BALL LIBRARY: The duPont-Ball Library (stetson.edu/library) has a collection of approximately 250,000 print volumes and a large collection of electronic journals, databases, and e-books, as well as a collection of scores and recordings in support of the School of Music. The library staff includes eight library faculty members and 16 support staff. The library houses a Student Success Center, a Writing Center, and an Innovation Lab.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- Required Skills
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to complete short-term tasks efficiently and long-term tasks with persistence;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to effectively multi-task;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate effective work with a large and diverse faculty, staff, and student body;
- Requires an individual who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, goal and task-oriented;
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Preferred: Experience with web design, cataloging, and libraries;
- Familiarity with standard office computer software and procedures;
- Preferred: Experience with web design, cataloging, and libraries.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- duPont-Ball Library, Stetson University
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 421 N. Woodland Blvd.
- Address 2:
- Unit 8418
- Institution Name :
- Stetson University
- 421 N. Woodland Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- HR Recruiting Team for DeLand & Celebration Campuses
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Apply online at the following link: