Job: Librarian, Reference
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian, Reference
- Number position available:
- $19.17 - $34.02 Hourly
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
This position is a professional Librarian with knowledge of professional library principles, methods and practices, and has the ability to supervise and direct the work of others. This person is one of a team who delivers day-to-day service to the public in a busy regional library.
Work primarily with adults but will also have daily interaction with and provide library services to children and teenagers
- Reference and reader's advisory service
- Computer/technology assistance
- Arrange and implement programming for adults as well as serve on the exhibit team to secure and create displays
- Collection maintenance
- Branch supervision in the absence of the branch manager
- Supervise, coach and evaluate staff and/or volunteers.
- Provide training opportunities for library staff and patrons on various topics
- This position is 80 Hours Bi-Weekly; Days and hours will vary to include evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
- The County may require employees to make a temporary or long-term, permanent transfer to another Library location to accommodate the organization's business needs.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to: Master's Degree in Library Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association and one year experience in a library or related field.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 lbs. and to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check is required.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required
- Prefer two years related library experience.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, and relate positively to a diverse population.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Cape Coral Lee County Public Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 921 SW 39th Terrace, Cape Coral, Florida 33914
- Cape Coral
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Public Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Skiba
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an Equal Opportunity and At-Will Employer. Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at http://www.lee-county.com. Lee County Human Resources, 2115 Second Street, First Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33901