Instructions for Applying:
The employment process will consist of the completion of an application, interviews, and background, previous employment and reference checks.
Interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include CIRC ASST in the email subject line.
Once you have emailed your resume please complete the application online at www.barry.edu/jobs.
This position is located in Orlando at 6441 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32807.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barry University does not discriminate applicants or employees for terms of employment on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, familial status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability status, veteran status or any other terms prohibited under county ordinance, state or federal law.
For More Information
|| Circulation Assistant
|Number of Positions Available:
|| $10.57 per hour, commensurate with experience
Barry University is a private Catholic institution with a history of academic excellence in the Dominican tradition. In 2010, Barry University was named one of the “Top 50 non-profits to work for.” With more than 100 undergraduate, graduate, professional, and doctoral programs, populated by people of all ages, cultures, faiths, and perspectives, Barry University provides a nurturing environment built on strong values and mutual respect.
The top priority of the Circulation Assistant is to provide prompt, knowledgeable, and efficient service to the Law Library's patrons as part of the Public Services team. The Assistant fills one of the primary front line customer service positions in the Law Library.
1. Closes Law Library.
- Performs shutdown duties, including powering off computers, ensuring front doors are locked, cleaning off tables, turning off lights, and other tasks.
- Works with the security guards in closing Library and alerting them to any security issues.
2. Assists patrons at the Circulation Desk, including:
- Checking Library materials in and out
- Aswering directional and location reference questions
- Advising patrons of circulation policies, providing requested reserve materials, and answering all other questions asked or directing patron to the proper person to provide answer.
3. Helps to maintain neat appearance of Library
- Shelves books left on tables and book carts.
- Files microfiche as needed.
- Pushes chairs under tables and carrels.
- Shifts areas of the stacks needing more space as needed.
- Shelf-reads as needed.
4. Completes supplementation of materials received by the Law Library in a timely fashion.
- Files looseleaf titles and replaces pocket parts in volumes.
- Checks that looseleaf reports are ready to be filed.
- REports any problems to serials assistant.
5. Works with Circulation student workers.
- Supervises students when this is the only Circulation staff member present.
- Helps to train student workers in filing looseleaf titles and replacing pocket parts.
- Selects additional filing reports for students if they have completed all that are available.
- Participates in training new student workers when required.
6. Maintains photocopiers within the Library.
- Replaces paper and toner in copiers.
- Removes paper jams.
- Notifies repair service when more serious problems exist.
- Uses Helpdesk to inform Information Technology if copiers are not working or of other technology or equipment issues.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned or as required.
This position primarily maintains an evening/weekend working schedule, with shift hours from 3:00pm to 12:00am, but the schedule is subject to change when needed. At times serves as the only full-time employee on campus.
|Education / Qualifications:
- Must be service oriented, with ability to have thorough knowledge of the Law Library's circulation policies and the location of materials in the Library, as well as a helpful attitude and demeanor.
- Ability to analyze what patrons require from the Circulation department, or directing patrons to other departments as required
- Ability to contribute to assigned projects, asking questions as they arise
- Computer skills necessary, including familiarity and ease of use of internal and extenal Internet
- Ability to use circulation functions in the Innovative system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word for word processing
- Must learn and perform basic maintenance functions for copiers, computers and printers within the library
- Must communicate with patrons, Library staff, and all constituents effectively both in written and oral communication
- Ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, reach overhead and lift up to 20 pounds
- Experience using innovative Millennium or another online catalog system preferred
- High School diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three to five years or work related experience required, library experience preferred.
|| Barry University School of Law
6441 East Colonial Drive
|| Barry University School of Law
|| 6441 E. Colonial Drive
- Reference & Public Services
|Email this Job Posting:
Enter a valid email address to email this job posting to a friend:
Job descriptions on the Florida Library Jobs Web site are posted and maintained by the respective library employers who submitted them to this site. Florida Library Jobs has no further information about these job openings. For questions about a particular job opening, please contact the library offering the job.