Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Provides instruction, reference, liaison, and access services as assigned, face to face and online.
2. Provides library support, both face-to-face and online for all SCF and SCFCSstudents, faculty and staff.
3. Develops instructional materials and tools to support the Library’s information literacy instruction curriculum.
4. Engages in collection development activities, as assigned.
5. Together with other college librarians, engages in planning, promotion and assessment of library resources, services, and activities.
6. Collaborates and fosters relationships with other campus departments and external groups.
7. Supervises the work of library assistants or student workers, as required.
8. Designs & implements library outreach as directed.
9. Engages in ongoing professional development; serves on college-wide committees and engages in external professional service and/or scholarship.
10. May be asked to oversee the routine operation of any campus library or learning
commons during designated hours as needed.
11. Supports the goals and mission of the library and college.
12. Keeps current with professional standards and practices through professional development and continuing education.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution and two years of academic library experience required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities, but may provide supervision to department staff in the absence of the area supervisor, as required.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Apply online: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2199