LS&S is seeking a Library Director for the Osceola Library System in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola County is a 1,500 square mile area that serves as the south/central boundary of the Central Florida greater metropolitan area. From its small beginnings, the Osceola Library system has grown to become a place of connections between people, information, the community, and personal discovery. The system opened with three small branches and a total book collection of 70,000 volumes. Today, the library boasts six branches, a collection of over 235,000 volumes, and serves over 120,000 library customers. This position operates from the Hart Memorial Central Library in Kissimmee, FL and reports directly to the Regional Director.
The Library Director supports the LS&S mission, vision, and values through exceptional leadership and dedicated customer focus. The Library Director is responsible for ensuring contract requirements are met in a multi-site location library system (up to 3). The Library Director will lead a team of library staff members in multiple locations who are committed to creating a thriving library in the heart of their community. The Library Director will be responsible for building a strong partnership with their local official(s) and managing the customer relationship.
• Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of LS&S and creates thriving libraries in the heart of our communities
• Evaluate library environments and key operational indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
• Coaches Library staff to help achieve operational goals; monitors and manages staffing levels in partnership with Regional Manager; seeks Regional Director input / Keeps Regional Director informed
• Develops the library system's team to deliver excellent patron experiences in all service locations.
• Implements action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives
• Keeps current with library trends, issues and technology as well as political, economic and demographics issues that may affect library services and standard programming
• Plans and executes local, regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results. Follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans
• Utilizes existing tools and best practices to ensure effective library operations
• Utilizes and helps Library staff utilize management information tools and analyzes financial reports and other library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) to identify and address library system trends and issues
• Oversee the selection, acquisition and processing of library materials to meet public needs within the structure of library selection policies and budgetary limitations
• Evaluates and supports the performance of Library staff in their library system
• Responsible for the local management of the customer relationship (city/county officials, governing boards, library boards)
• Regularly solicits client, other stakeholder and patron feedback to understand client needs and the needs of the local community
• Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
• Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices
• Know, understand and administer the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
• MLIS or equivalent required
• Four years of multi-site supervisory experience preferred
• Five years of progressively responsible library managerial experience and/or administrative functions of a library to include analyzing and applying financial reports and library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) preferred
• Experience in a role that requires frequent interaction with patrons, fulfilling the requests of patrons and responsibility for addressing patron issues, questions and suggestions
• Moderate complex programming and financial analysis experience
• Demonstrates moderate experience in a complex, fast-paced environment
Join Library Systems & Services (LS&S) and enjoy the flexibility, support, and values that come with being part of the nation’s third largest library network. In our unique company, you will find an abundance of opportunities and satisfaction as you:
• Join a caring community of people who love libraries
• Share insights with highly credible library professionals, many with MLS degrees
• Become a trusted partner to our libraries communities
• Effect positive change for libraries and library science
Being a library professional is a way of life – so we believe in making our employees’ lives as rewarding as possible. Some of the programs we offer our employees include:
*Loan Forgiveness Program for degreed MLS & MLIS employees*
*Medical, dental, and vision coverage* *401K retirement plan* *Tuition reimbursement*
*Short & long-term disability coverage* *Dependent daycare plan*
*Critical illness policy* *Life insurance policies*
Physical address where the job position is located.