Job: Administrative Specialist II - Libraries
Go back to All Jobs
- Administrative Specialist II - Libraries
- Number position available:
- $15.25 - $19.64
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Administrative Specialist II (Working Title: Technical Services Serials Specialist): This is a Technical Services administrative specialist position responsible for invoice approval, purchase orders, fund accounting and the administration of standing orders and subscriptions for library materials. In the team environment employees will participate in setting unit, library, and system goals, contribute to decision making and evaluation of progress. Employees will collaborate with co-workers to support the team process.
Subject to Passing Substance Screening
This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug-screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
- Develops and implements standards of service that ensure the prompt and efficient resolution of each inquiry by internal and external customers, delivered with the utmost respect and courtesy
- Keeps abreast of developments, new trends, and innovations in libraries
- Provides assistance at service desks and other sections as needed
- Represents Sarasota County to library users
- Monitors customer service requests to ensure standards of excellence
- Identifies and solves administrative and management issues which hinder effective operations
- Meets with vendors and customers
- Monitors and maintains fund account records in County financial database
- Verifies and approves invoices for assigned Purchase Order areas
- Acts as Purchase Card Administrator for selected areas
- Serves as back-up for Purchase Requests and Exemptions paperwork
- Verifies and uploads Certificates of Insurance
- Serves as the back-up for materials receipt invoice posting, fund deposits and payment requests
- Monitors and reports expenditures for standing orders and serials accounts
- Attends annual cash management training and assists in all areas of business unit cash management as required
- Responsible for developing and improving routine work processes
- Places subscription and standing orders, monitors statues, requests quotes and generates reports as needed
- Researches, analyzes and provides status updates on subscriptions and standing orders; researches alternative vendors to ensure fiscal responsibility
- Corresponds with primary vendors to solve ordering and receiving issues
- Attends library meetings, system meetings and other education opportunities
- Participates as a member or Team Leader in assigned special projects
- Participates in cross training in other sections and aids in cross training in his/her section
- Provides opportunities for continuing professional development of self and others, especially in acquiring relevant understanding and skills
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or equivalent education. 2 - 5 years of administrative and computer experience. College course work in business from an accredited college or university. Note: One year of college may substitute for one year of experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Related professional certification preferred.
Job Competencies: Skill in operating computers and standard office equipment, including knowledge of spreadsheet applications. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work productively in a team environment. Ability to adapt to various and changing duties. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of standard library procedures. Responds appropriately to controversy or sensitive issues, places a priority on responses to internal/external issues.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Libraries and Historical Resources Administration
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
- Institution Name :
- Sarasota County Libraries and Historical Resources
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Alexce Douville
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 941 861-5450
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please apply online