Job: Library Assistant Manager - Fruitville Library
Go back to All Jobs
- Library Assistant Manager - Fruitville Library
- Number position available:
- $45,344.00 - 59,092.80
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Library Assistant Manager (Official Job Title: Supervisor, General Government): This position provides contact and responses to county customers and citizens, and all business centers and core services, resolves routine questions or problems and refers more complex issues. In the team environment employees will participate in setting unit, library, and system goals, contribute to decision making and evaluation of progress. Employees will collaborate with co-workers to support the team process.
- Manages selected projects for the library system with library manager approval.
- Acts as person in charge in the absence of the library manager.
- Handles employee relations issues.
- Participates in strategic planning for the library and for the library system.
- Maintains a current knowledge of County and Library policies and procedures and other county units.
- Maintains a current knowledge of the library facility and participates in communicating and tracking building maintenance and facilities issues.
- Maintains records, and vital information.
- Monitors library operations.
- Provides input and helps manage work unit budget.
- Prepares and presents activity reports and technical information.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates special projects, services, and programs.
- Attends annual cash management training and assists in all areas of business unit cash management as required.
- Develops and implements standards of service that ensure the prompt and efficient resolution of each inquiry by internal and external customers, delivered with the utmost respect and courtesy.
- Keeps abreast of developments, new trends, and innovations in libraries.
- Provides assistance at service desks and to other sections as needed.
- Represents Sarasota County to library users.
- Promote effective communication of information to all internal and external customers.
- Interprets policies and procedures.
- Provides support and staffing at all public desks, as needed.
- Develops solutions to escalated Customer Service issues.
- Participates in staff development, coaching, and performance management.
- Ensures training and development of assigned staff and may approve personnel requests.
- Participates in cross training in other sections and aids in cross training in their section.
- Provides opportunities for continuing professional development of self and others, especially in acquiring relevant understanding and skills.
- Trains, directs, and supervises volunteers as needed. Encourages volunteers to use individual talents to creatively address tasks.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or equivalent and four (4) years of related experience –OR– An Associate’s Degree and two (2) years of related experience. This position requires at least one year of supervisory experience in any field (Acting, lead work and/or supervisory/management courses can count on a pro-rated basis).
Preferred Qualifications: A Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS) from a college/university accredited by the American Library Association with experience in a public library including library supervisory experience.
Job Based Competencies: Effective verbal and written communication skills, sound financial judgment, budgetary knowledge and work management system skills. Supervisory skills and the ability to prioritize and assign duties to others. Excellent customer service skills required. Knowledge of computers and basic software applications as well as basic office equipment. Knowledge of county and library policy and procedure.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Fruitville Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 100 Coburn Road
- Institution Name :
- Sarasota County Libraries and Historical Resources
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Peggy Border
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 941 861-2502
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please apply online.