Job: Library Technology Manager
Go back to All Jobs
- Library Technology Manager
- Number position available:
- $55,813.95 - $108,921.60
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Lee County Library System seeks a self-motivated Library professional with a strong background in information technology, project management, library science, and library system development, as well as teamwork and leadership skills.
This position directs the Library Department's technology operations ensuring that library technology is supported and maintained. The Library Technology Manager develops policies and precedures and supports activities to ensure that access to the full range of library technology and resources is available for public use and staff operation. This position reports directly to the Manager of Support Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Library Management Team to develop plans and goals for technology in support of Library services.
- Make recommendations to the Library Management team regarding the technology budget and expenditures.
- Prioritize activities and provide statistical analysis related to library technology trends and envision enhancements and improvements for public and staff use.
- Initiate and manage complex projects in support of library services.
- Establish a strong working relationship and collaborative partnership with the County's Technology Department.
- Plan training related to new or enhanced technology for Library staff. Provide technical assistance, training, mentoring, and/or work direction related to library technology.
- Evaluate library technology related services and operations based on staff and customer input and create porcedures to improve operations.
- Develop and evaluate equipment maintenance and upgrade plans.
- Define reporting requirements and ensure that appropriate statistics are being gathered.
- Work with library technology vendors and supervise acquisitions for library technology.
- Lead and serve on technology related committees and action teams withing the library as well as the county.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to: graduation from an accredited four-year university or college with a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Public Administration, or Business Administration, and four years of related work experience.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds. Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- The County may require employees to make a temporary, or long-term, permanent transfer to another library location to accommodate the organization's business needs.
- Prefer four years' experience working with Library Technology.
- Ability to evaluate products and services based on service enhancement and cost effectiveness.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, including project management.
- Ability to coordinate the work of library support staff.
- Strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- This position is 80 hours bi-weekly.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Lee County Library System Administration
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Skiba
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an equal opportunity and at-will employer, Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at http://www.leegov.com/hr/jobsearch or in person at Lee County Human Resources, 2115 Second Street, First Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33902. You may mail your application to Human Resources at PO Box 398, Ft. Myers, FL 33902. Your application must be received in Human Resources BEFORE the posting closes. If Human Resources does not receive your application BEFORE the posting closes, we will NOT be able to consider you for the position and your application will NOT be processed.