Are you looking for a short-term leadership assignment in a library or library system? Library Systems & Services LLC (LS&S) works with public libraries across the country in assisting them with their needs for Interim Directors. As an Interim Director you’ll be responsible for leading and directing the overall operation of the library/libraries in accordance with the community, governing body and their policies and procedures.
To learn more about how you can make a difference, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter summarizing how your background relates to the responsibilities of the position.
• Manage with integrity and honesty and create thriving library in the heart of the community
• Evaluate library environment and key operational indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
• Coach library staff to help achieve operational goals
• Develops the library team to deliver excellent customer service and patron experiences
• Implements action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives
• Keeps current with library trends, issues and technology as well as political, economic and demographics issues that may affect library services and advanced programming
• Plans and executes local, regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results; follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans
• Utilize and help library staff utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports and other library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) to identify and address library system trends and issues
• Responsible for the local management of the customer relationship (city/county officials, governing boards, library boards)
• Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
• Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices
This is a Talent Pool and not a position. LS&S is continuously seeking applicants to assist in filling the interim needs of public libraries across the country. We recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potentials candidates. This advertisement is designed to prescreen candidates for future career opportunities.
• MLIS degree from an ALA accredited university or college required
• At least three years of progressively responsible library managerial experience and/or administrative functions of a library
• Experience analyzing and applying financial reports and library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of programming and financial (budget) management
• Experience in a role that requires frequent interaction with patrons, fulfilling the requests of patrons and responsibility for addressing patron’s issues, questions and suggestions
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Ability to travel as needed
• Bilingual preferred
Physical address where the job position is located.