Job: Evening Circulation Supervisor
Go back to All Jobs
- Evening Circulation Supervisor
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Public Services in the duPont-Ball Library, the Evening Circulation Supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising the circulation department from 3:00 pm-midnight, Sunday-Thursday. (The library’s schedule varies during interim breaks, requiring limited day time hours.) Work involves independent judgment and discretion. Requires an individual who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, goal and task-oriented, with highly effective interpersonal and communication skills. Must be a team player dedicated to excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and train circulation student assistants
- Handle numerous circulation-related transactions, including charging, discharging, and renewing library materials; creating and editing user records; and creating temporary WMS records for items without barcodes
- Employ special procedures for AV equipment, including erasing data, recharging devices, ensuring that contents are included when items are checked in and out, and reporting broken equipment
- Assist with special shelving projects in the circulating collection as necessary
- Provide copier, printer, and change services when the Library office is closed
- Troubleshoot equipment, including computers, printers, copiers, and microfilm reader/printer
Associate's degree; Bachelor's preferred
- Excellent customer service skills Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- High degree of skill utilizing Microsoft Office programs and databases such as Banner and the WMS integrated library system.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Stetson University
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 421 N. Woodland Blvd.
- Institution Name :
- duPont-Ball Library, Stetson University
- 421 N. Woodland Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- HR Recruiting Team for DeLand & Celebration Campuses
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Apply online at: