Job: Staff and Volunteer Development Coordinator
Go back to All Jobs
- Staff and Volunteer Development Coordinator
- Number position available:
- $48,068.80 - $64,646.40
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
- Collaborates with Libraries, Historical Resources and Human Resources colleagues to develop priorities and strategic plans for training and learning opportunities for employees, volunteers and patrons.
- Facilitates training and learning opportunities that support County standards of service, ensuring a prompt and efficient response to the information needs of internal/external customers, delivered with courtesy and respect.
- Keeps abreast of trends and innovations in delivery of libraries and historical education services, such as learning theory, instructional design, effective training techniques, adapting instruction to meet learner needs, and evaluation.
- Represents Sarasota County to libraries and historical resources patrons, partners and the community, maintaining positive public relations and promotion of Libraries and Historical Resources services and County values.
- Establishes partnerships with community agency representatives and County colleagues to achieve mutual goals.
- Contributes to an environment of continuous learning; encourages staff/volunteers to participate as learners and trainers
Staff / Volunteer Development
- Collaborates with co-workers to evaluate the specific staff training needs for the Department and each service center (for example: Library branches, Historical Resources, Technical Services, Info Central, Administration).
- Coordinates with Management Team to develop and refine the New Employee Orientation; to include a description of skills and information that will be presented via centralized department-level or service center/branch-level training and a timeline for achieving proficiency of identified competencies.
- Leads the planning, implementation and evaluation of annual Staff Development Day, with support from co-workers.
- Develops resources for and conducts training sessions for staff/volunteers to support effective service delivery.
- Develops resources for, supports co-workers, and participates in planning and conducting instruction to patrons.
- Serves as the Department liaison to the County Volunteer Program; communicates Program policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with co-workers to evaluate the volunteer needs for each service center (for example: Library branches, Historical Resources, Technical Services, Info Central, Administration).
- Seeks opportunities to continue professional and personal learning (self).
- Participates in the implementation of the Libraries Long-Range Plan and Technology Plan.
- Maintains a record of local/regional/state/national training schedules and content, including online courses, webinars, conferences, etc.; informs Management Team of opportunities and shares post-participation information.
- Maintains a record of instructional resources and vendors, including evaluative feedback and references.
- In collaboration with Director, Managers and Supervisors, facilitates registration, attendance and reporting for training events (for example: FL Lib. Assoc., TBLC VIP, Pub. Lib. Assoc., American Lib. Assoc. conferences).
- Creates and conducts pre/post surveys and interviews to assess training needs and evaluate effectiveness.
- Compiles and tracks data to effectively assess progress toward established goals.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Communications, Planning or related field and three (3) years experience. A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in the above fields may substitute for the related experience with one year experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in a public library or adult & community education program preferred.
Customer Service: Skills that ensure prompt, courteous response to the needs of customers; maintains personal accountability for providing excellent customer service; prioritizes and organizes work. Knowledge of and/or commitment to learn about Libraries and Historical Resources service priorities and trends. Represents the organization in a positive manner.
Teamwork: Ability to creates and maintains positive relationships with co-workers, volunteers, patrons and community partners; collaborates with and supports co-workers; facilitates cross-training and shares learning; contributes to the accomplishment of goals.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Libraries and Historical Resources
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
- Institution Name :
- Sarasota County Libraries and Historical Resources
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Sarabeth Kalajian
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 941 861-5481
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please apply online.