Job: Senior Librarian, Youth Services
Go back to All Jobs
- Senior Librarian, Youth Services
- Number position available:
- $46,833.01 - $84,332.50 Annually
- Job Category:
- Children's Services
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
This position is responsible for the implementation and supervision of high quality service to children and families at the Northwest Regional Library and for supervision of the operations of the library, as needed, in the absence of the Principal Librarian.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement a balanced schedule of programs and services for youth at the library and at area outreach locations.
- Hire, train, and supervise staff.
- Coordinate workflow and department schedule.
- Coordinate selection and maintenance of juvenile and teen collections.
- Present programs and tours for schools and community groups visiting the library.
- Participate in reading promotion planning for system-wide events and work with area schools and other agencies to promote reading and libraries.
- Serve as back-up to the regional library manager as needed.
- Reports monthly department statistics.
- Position is 80 hours bi-weekly; days and hours will vary to include evenings, Saturdays and some Sundays
- Requires any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to a Master's Degree in Library Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association and two years experience in a library or related field.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have knowledge of current professional public library principles, methods and practices; relevant computer applications, literature for various ages and interests; and have the ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 lbs. and sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Prefer two years related library experience, including one to two years of supervisory experience.
- Prefer experience and/or education related to children's literature and programming.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, and relate positively to a diverse population.
- The County may require employees to make either a temporary or long-term, permanent transfer to another Library location to accommodate the organization's business needs.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Northwest Regional Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 519 Chiquita Blvd. North
- Cape Coral
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Skiba
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an equal opportunity and at-will employer, Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at http://www.leegov.com/hr/jobsearch or in person at Lee County Human Resources, 2115 Second Street, First Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33902. You may mail your application to Human Resources at PO Box 398, Ft. Myers, FL 33902. Your application must be received in Human Resources BEFORE the posting closes. If Human Resources does not receive your application BEFORE the posting closes, we will NOT be able to consider you for the position and your application will NOT be processed.