FSU Libraries are seeking a leader for our Office of Digital Research and Scholarship (DRS). Since 2014, DRS has built a suite of new services that support the University’s’ mission of excellence in teaching, research and service. Our next Director will bring energy and enthusiasm to our work in academic publishing, digital humanities, data management and open knowledge. Come work with us to explore the future of research and scholarship!
DRS focuses on connecting people to people and providing tools, expertise, and infrastructure for new forms of scholarship. This position will foster programs and partnerships, advocate for the sustainable development of data/repository infrastructure, support digital humanities project development, and aid in the exploration and development of digital publishing initiatives. To learn more about DRS, visit our website (https://lib.fsu.edu/DRS)
The Director guides, develops and inspires a team of professionals and students; develops a shared vision; works with stakeholders within the Libraries and the University. We are seeking someone who is innovative and forward-thinking in the development of programs, initiatives, partnerships and communities at Florida State, and who will engage in relevant national and international activities.
DRS is part of the Technology and Digital Scholarship Division (TaDS) within the Libraries. This position reports to the Associate Dean for TaDS and is part of the divisional leadership team. The Director supervises 2 full-time faculty and 2 full-time staff, as well as a Graduate Assistant and several students, and collaborates actively with other colleagues throughout the Libraries to integrate digital scholarship into the Libraries’ core services.
* Strategic direction and guidance of the digital scholarship program and DRS team
* Serve as the Libraries’ expert in the digital scholarship field
* Foster a community of partnerships and collaborations on campus, investing in the research production cycle
* Champion open knowledge initiatives on campus, advocating for broader participation in open access publishing and adoption of open educational resources
* Communication and outreach for DRS
* Seeks grants to secure funding for programs and initiatives
* Envision and institute programs, initiatives, and partnerships that enhance research productivity and competitiveness
* Represent the Libraries in strategic campus partnerships
* Active and ongoing collaboration with Libraries’ internal partners in the STEM Library, Scholars Commons, Special Collections and Archives, and the Extended Campus and Office of Distance Services, and others
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
The Florida State University Libraries define diversity as the sum of the ways that people are both alike and different. We are committed to embracing the full spectrum of human and social identities. We strive to create and maintain an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated fairly, respectfully, and valued for their distinctive skills, experiences, and perspectives to maximize the potential of all libraries employees and the communities with whom we interact.
* ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent advanced degree
* A minimum of 4 years professional experience
* A record of relevant and increasingly responsible positions
* Ability to work and lead creatively, collaboratively, and effectively, and to promote teamwork among colleagues
* Understanding of the research lifecycle, and experience in the development and implementation of library services in support of research
* Experience in campus-wide efforts related to research support
* A record of significant contributions in developing scholarly communication and/or digital humanities programs
* Supervisory experience
Physical address where the job position is located.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.