The Librarian, Research and Instruction provides professional library services with emphasis on reference and instruction. Working in a team environment, provides leadership for library services, and direction in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the library's information literacy instruction program. Creates instructional and training materials in print, multimedia and interactive formats. Works collaboratively with other academic support services staff across the campus to develop programs and initiatives for the college community.
1. Serves as Research/Instruction Librarian in assisting students, faculty, staff and other library users with identification, location, interpretation, and use of library resources in electronic and print formats.
2. Teaches in a classroom setting, both face-to-face and online, using a variety of instructional approaches and technologies; plans lessons and assesses learning outcomes of instruction sessions; determines appropriate format for delivery of materials.
3. Assumes responsibility for assigned areas of collection development; uses available tools to review and select, maintains familiarity with assigned collection sections for selection and de-selection of materials. This requires frequent bending with the ability to lift up to 25lbs unassisted. It also requires the ability to push, pull book carts; bend, stoop, kneel and reach on occasion, and climb on low stool to reach six foot high shelving.
4. Participates in Information Services Desk schedule rotation for the assigned campus with other librarians, and provides library services in person, by phone, through email and other electronic or digital means.
5. Develops library services, resources and materials for access and instruction to keep pace with the classroom, online, electronic, multi-media and interactive environments.
6. Serves as librarian liaison to specified academic departments of the college; communicates and collaborates with teaching faculty.
7. Offers input on budget, resources and infrastructure required for the library to provide the best service to students and faculty; demonstrates knowledge of and implements college policies and procedures, participates in setting goals and objectives for library services.
8. Maintains appropriate records, reports and statistics with accuracy and timeliness.
9. Participates in professional activities, on-going continuing education, and maintains familiarity with theory, practices, and trends in college libraries.
10. Performs all site and position specific responsibilities as assigned.
1. Master's degree in Library/information science from an American Library Association accredited institution.
1. Experience providing instruction in reference services in health sciences or life sciences.
2. Undergraduate or advanced degree in health sciences or life sciences.
3. Thorough working knowledge of Library services and standard procedures; some experience with reference services in academic Library.
4. Experience with college libraries and information literacy instruction.
5. Experience with online and automated systems, networked environments, electronic information sources, database research, web-based instructional tools, and the Internet.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Applicants must complete the entire online application and include work history even if attaching a resume.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (To ensure full consideration all of the following documents must be attached to the application prior to 11:59 PM on July 30, 2018):
TO ATTACH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS: