Job: Librarian, Reference
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian, Reference
- Number position available:
- $39,863.77 - $70,758.19 Annually
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
This person is one of a team who delivers day-to-day service to the public in a busy regional library.
This position is for a professional Librarian with knowledge of professional library principles, methods and practices, and has the ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
Incumbent will perform any/all of the following:
- Work primarily with adults but will also have daily interaction with and provide library services to children and teenagers
- Reference and reader's advisory service
- Computer/technology assistance
- Arrange and implement programming for adults as well as serve on the exhibit team to secure and create displays
- Collection maintenance
- branch supervision in the absence of the branch manager
- Supervise, coach and evaluate staff and/or volunteers.
- Provide training opportunities for library staff and patrons on various topics
- This position is 80 Hours Bi-Weekly; Days and hours will vary to include evenings, Saturdays and some Sundays.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to: Master's Degree in Library Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association and one year experience in a library or related field.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 lbs. and to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check is required.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- The County may require employees to make a temporary or long-term, permanent transfer to another Library location to accommodate the organization's business needs.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- East County Regional Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 881 Gunnery Road
- Lehigh Acres
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Skiba
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an equal opportunity and at-will employer, Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at http://www.leegov.com/hr/jobsearch or in person at Lee County Human Resources, 2115 Second Street, First Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33902. You may mail your application to Human Resources at PO Box 398, Ft. Myers, FL 33902. Your application must be received in Human Resources BEFORE the posting closes. If Human Resources does not receive your application BEFORE the posting closes, we will NOT be able to consider you for the position and your application will NOT be processed.