We are looking for a Library Director to manage the library at our Fort Lauderdale location and branch library at our Hollywood location. Under the administrative direction of the Executive Director and the Director of Education, the Library Director performs administrative work in planning, directing and coordinating the operation of the libraries.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
· Supervises and provides library services which may include reference service, interlibrary loan, serials management, acquisitions and bibliographic instruction.
· Supervises and provides library technical services which may include cataloging, materials processing, and interlibrary loan processing.
· Evaluates, selects, and maintains a library collection that meets curriculum needs.
· Ensures library remains within budgetary allocations.
· Develops library goals and objectives in conjunction with campus constituents.
· Develops and upholds the City College library policies with other City College Library Directors.
· Collaborates with faculty, departments, and the library committee to ensure that the library collection meets curriculum needs.
· Assists the Hollywood campus with collection development and training
· Oversees library assistant at the Hollywood campus
· Assists corporate staff with maintaining and developing LibGuides for the libraries
· May assist as testing proctor for entrance testing.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Education, Vice President/Executive Director or President
Physical address where the job position is located.