Job: Librarian, young Adult/Youth Services
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian, young Adult/Youth Services
- Number position available:
- $39,863.77 - $70,758.19 Annually
- Job Category:
- Young Adult Services
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
This position is responsible for professional library duties, including work with teens, children, and adults as part of a team of staff and volunteers who deliver quality customer service at a busy re
- Plan and present programming for teens, children, and families at the library and at outreach locations, reference and reader's advisory for patrons of all ages.
- Maintain a regular schedule of collection maintenance for teens and children in cooperation with branch development staff, computer/technology assistance.
- Presents tours and/or programs for school and community groups visiting the library and assists with displays of library materials.
- Supervision and training of staff and/or volunteers, branch supervision in the absence of the branch manager.
- May participate in branch specific and system wide committees.gional library.
- Requires any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to: Master's Degree in Library Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association and one (1) year of experience in a library or closely related field.
- Possession of a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- A strong customer service background is preferred.
- Two (2) years related library experience is preferred.
- Experience and/or education related to teen and children's literature and programming is preferred.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, and relate positively to a diverse population.
- Ability to plan and implement successful programs for teens and children in cooperation with other libraries and community organizations.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to attend meetings throughout Library system and County.
- Knowledge of current professional public library principles, methods, and practices; relevant computer applications; literature for various ages and interests; and have the ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
- This position is 80 hours biweekly. Work days are Monday through Saturday including evenings and some Sundays.
- The County may require employees to make either a temporary or long-term, permanent transfer to another Library location to accommodate the organization's business needs.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Lakes Regional Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 15290 Bass Road
- Fort Myers
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Skiba
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an equal opportunity and at-will employer, Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at http://www.leegov.com/hr/jobsearch or in person at Lee County Human Resources, 2115 Second Street, First Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33902. You may mail your application to Human Resources at PO Box 398, Ft. Myers, FL 33902. Your application must be received in Human Resources BEFORE the posting closes. If Human Resources does not receive your application BEFORE the posting closes, we will NOT be able to consider you for the position and your application will NOT be processed.