The Eckerd College Library invites applications for a highly motivated, collaborative, and service-oriented colleague to serve as our new Public Services Supervisor. This is a permanent, full-time supervisory position responsible for overseeing the operations of the library’s Information Desk.
The Public Services Supervisor provides excellent customer service while remaining mindful of the mission and ethics of Eckerd College. This position supervises the opening of the library and daytime operation of the Library Information Desk and works cooperatively with other departments in the library to ensure timely access to library facilities, services and collections. The typical work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, but will adjust as the academic calendar changes throughout the term and during the summer and holiday months.
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities needed upon entry into the position)
● Power-user of MS Office Suite, including MS Access and MS Excel (VBA), and G-Suite
● 1-3 years' experience writing SQL queries● Service-driven: Must enjoy working with the public – particularly students and faculty
● Well organized with the ability to multitask a variety of responsibilities
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Superior supervisory skills
● Dependable and punctual
● Team player
● High school diploma required
● Bachelor degree or commensurate library experience strongly preferred
Physical address where the job position is located.
For complete position description, qualification requirements and application instructions, please visit: https://eckerd.hirecentric.com/jobs/142178.html. The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm EDT, Monday, July 23, 2018.