Job: Public Services Specialist -Pinellas Talking Book Library for the Blind
Go back to All Jobs
- Public Services Specialist -Pinellas Talking Book Library for the Blind
- Number position available:
- $12.01-$19.23 annualized at $25,000-$40,000 / commensurate with experience
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
NATURE OF POSITION
Professional position appointed by the Pinellas Public Library Cooperative (PPLC) Executive Director, and reporting to
the Countywide Service Coordinator. Responsible for serving users of the Pinellas Talking Book Library (TBL), including readers’ advisory interview, the ability to discuss books/topics with readers, the ability to create tools to help readers’ advisors assist readers, and a general knowledge of resources.
Assist and advise readers in their choice of materials, conduct "reference interviews" in order to help patrons frame questions.
- Maintain a knowledge of and familiarity with electronic and print resources for Readers’ Advisors.
- Contribute to bibliographic control and maintenance of client records via library automated systems, making adjustments in problematic situations.
- Interact with public/readers to checkout materials and record requests, provide information on library and TBL Network policies and procedures.
- Assist patrons in using the online catalog and in using the online periodical indexes. Provide instruction on using these online systems. Plan and conduct outreach activities.
- Interact with KLAS Support to resolve patron and holdings problems.
- Maintain integrity of digital book collections by changing copy status when appropriate and processing new books.
- Supervise library volunteers as needed.
- Other responsibilities include maintaining displays, creating booklists, sorting incoming and outgoing mail deliveries, downloading books, and assisting with program planning.
- Perform other duties as required.
SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS (current PPLC policies will govern)
Salary Range: $12.01-$19.23 annualized at $25,000-$40,000 / commensurate with experience.
Leave: Standard PPLC holidays. Vacation and sick leave (4 hours each, per bi-weekly pay period) and one personal day per calendar year.
Insurance: Health, vision, dental, basic life insurance, and worker’s compensation coverage is provided after a 90-day period.
Pension: Upon completion of one year’s service the employee will be enrolled in the PPLC Pension Plan.
Performance evaluation conducted upon completion of a six-month probation period, and thereafter on an annual basis. Annual salary increases are performance-based.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Basic computer competencies and knowledge of library automated systems.
- Must possess effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to interact effectively with users, staff, care providers, and community partners.
- Must be able to problem solve and work independently.
- Commitment to service excellence and professional ethics.
- Must be organized and able to move between multiple tasks effectively.
- Familiarity with public library service objectives, experience providing customer service to disabled populations preferred.
- Must possess valid FL driver’s license, and able to drive to various locations.
- Ability to sit, stand, crouch, bend, or stoop for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 15 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Pinellas Talking Book Library for the Blind
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 1330 Cleveland Street
- Institution Name :
- Pinellas Public Library Cooperative
- 1330 Cleveland Street
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Erica McCaleb
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Send cover letter, resume and list of references to Erica McCaleb at: email@example.com