Job: Digital Access Librarian
Go back to All Jobs
- Digital Access Librarian
- Number position available:
- Dependent on qualifications and experience
- Job Category:
- Networking & Automation
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
The Macdonald-Kelce Library at The University of Tampa has an opening for a Digital Access Librarian. Incumbent develops, supports and manages web-based systems and services which support the library’s electronic resources. Responsible for implementing systems that facilitate search, discovery, curation, and the delivery of library services and content. Acquires and licenses electronic products selected by the library. Ensures cross-platform navigation for the library’s digital solutions. The incumbent will work in a team atmosphere with a variety of partners and groups, both internal and external, to resolve access issues, and will also work to proactively manage technical changes to preempt such issues. This person should understand how to maintain the integrity and reliability of the library’s virtual resources.
- Responsible for acquisitions and license renewals of electronic resources including but not limited to databases, ejournals and ebooks.
- Administers, customizes and maintains the library’s authentication mechanism and configuration.
- Manages access to and discovery of electronic resources via the Library's discovery system, link resolver, knowledgebase and online catalog.
- Manages the backend and user experience for the discovery system including any customization.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports data regarding usage of electronic resources to inform library decision-making.
- Troubleshoots functionality issues and resolves access errors for electronic resources. Works with vendors to track and resolve access problems that cannot be addressed in-house. Provides support to library users.
- Explores and identifies new and emerging technologies in collaboration with library and technology staff to deliver information and services to library users.
- Serves as a faculty liaison to assigned subject areas. Perform subject specific professional work, including outreach, collection development, and library reference to students and faculty.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program.
- Two years’ experience in discovery systems, link resolvers, e-resources, metadata creation.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate appropriately within and outside of the library.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for innovation with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including users, librarians and technical staff, vendors and consortia partners.
- Attention to detail.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Macdonald-Kelce Library
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 401 W. Kennedy Blvd.
- Institution Name :
- University of Tampa
- 401 W. Kennedy Blvd
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Marlyn Pethe
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Candidates must create an account before applying for positions. Once an account has been created, then candidates may view/manage their information as a returning user. Please be sure to include all required documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page of the application before continuing through the application process.
To create an account go to http://www.ut.edu/jobs/