Job: Customer Service Rep II - Fruitville
Go back to All Jobs
- Customer Service Rep II - Fruitville
- Number position available:
- $13.62 - $17.08
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Library Assistant (Official Job Title: Customer Service Representative II): This is independent administrative and team leader work creating and fostering an environment that provides high quality, exceptional level of customer service. The employee in this position will ensure that other team members participate in setting the unit, library and system goals and contribute to decision making and evaluation of progress, through training, practice and evaluation.
- Develops and implements standards of service that ensure the prompt and efficient resolution of each inquiry by internal and external customers, delivered with the utmost respect and courtesy.
- Assists customers regarding library services, resources, and programs for the assigned unit as well as the library system.
- Monitors customer service requests to ensure standards of excellence.
- Investigates, evaluates, and resolves customer concerns and complaints.
- Promotes library resources to community groups through public speaking, programming and displays.
- Based on customer observation and feedback makes recommendations for efficient space utilization and signage.
- Interacts with the public to positively explain policies and procedures in a positive manner.
- Keeps abreast of developments, new trends, and innovations in libraries; applies knowledge to improve services.
- Provides assistance at service desks and to other sections as needed.
- Represents Sarasota County to library users.
- Attends cash management training and participates in all aspects of the libraries cash management procedures.
- Oversees cash management procedures including collection of fines, fees, and donations, daily shift counts, deposits, and paperwork. May be responsible for tracking office supply and travel expenditures and communicating this information to the library manager. May be point of contact for P-card purchases.
- Evaluates self-check system and its impact on future staffing. May act as point of contact for EIT and AST service.
- Facilitates development of the plan of service for the section and aids in plan of service for the agency.
- Prepares monthly narrative and statistical reports.
- Participates in system-wide, agency and county teams and projects.
- Identifies collaborates with co-workers to solve administrative and management issues which hinder effective operations.
Collection Development Maintenance
- Sorts and shelves materials and maintains an orderly arrangement of materials.
- Assists with ordering and processing materials for circulation as needed.
- Performs item coordinator duties for materials in collection as needed.
- Monitors physical condition of materials and recommends repair or de-selection.
- Promotes the materials collection through displays and other methods.
- Coordinates daily activities of staff and volunteers. Encourages staff and volunteers to use individual talents to creatively address tasks.
- Participates in cross training in other sections and aids in cross training in their section.
- Provides opportunities for continuing professional development of self and others, especially in acquiring relevant understanding and skills.
- Contributes to the development of agency and system standards for personnel evaluation, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates inter-office and special projects assigned to Ops Team.
- Participates in Performance Reviews and guides Circulation staff in completion of annual performance goals.
- Serves as a Team Coach for Circulation Staff.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or equivalent education. One-year experience as a customer service representative. One year of college may substitute for one year of experience.
Preferred Qualification: Customer service experience working in libraries or similar settings.
Job Competencies: Demonstrated ability to handle difficult customers/situations. Addresses conflict resolution, sets priorities, and builds morale and group commitment to goals and objectives. Adapts easily and is flexible. Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills. Intermediate to advanced computer skills and ability to use standard business equipment.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Fruitville Public Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 100 Coburn Road
- Institution Name :
- Sarasota County Libraries and Historical Resources
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Peggy Border
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 941 861-5481
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please apply online