Job: Associate Dean, Library Access and Discovery (Req. 22267)
- Associate Dean, Library Access and Discovery (Req. 22267)
- Number position available:
- $74,200 - $96,500 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Broward College offers Associate & Bachelor degrees & certificate programs at many locations in the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County community. Specialized programs include online degrees, Health Sciences and Continuing Education.
The mission of Broward College is to achieve student success by developing informed and creative students capable of contributing to a knowledge- and service-based global society. As a public community college accredited to offer associate degrees, selected baccalaureate degrees, and certificate programs, the institution and its District Board of Trustees are committed to fostering a learning-centered community that celebrates diversity and inclusion by empowering and engaging students, faculty, and staff.
Job Profile Summary
This position, which reports to the Libraries and Academic Success Centers Dean, administers and supervises the University/College Library (U/CL) operations of the Technical Service department, Archives and Special Collections, Collection Development, and Technology to support Broward College (BC) and Florida Atlantic University (FAU) students, staff, and faculty. The person in this position plans, evaluates, and organizes operational compatibility of disparate service areas to ensure high quality service. Work involves developing and implementing policies and procedures for areas including, but not necessarily limited to: Metadata and Cataloging, Digital Library, Collection Development, Acquisitions, Archives, Special Collections, and Technology.
- Master's Degree from an American Library Association accredited institution required.
- Requires three years related experience with a history of progressively knowledgeable/responsible experience in the administration of library operations, facilities and program development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive administrative knowledge of library science systems, library operations, policies, procedures, and personnel including but not limited to: budgeting, planning, evaluating, and improving library services; implementing information technologies; special collections, archives, and digital libraries; copyright; directing staff development activities; and managing technical service areas. .
- Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College's diversity goals in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse faculty and staff
- Oversees and coordinates professional development plans, management and evaluation, and submits appropriate recommendations of personnel actions
- Ability to interpret contract language for existing contracts.
- Knowledge of Florida Academic Library Services Cooperative (FALSC), or similar Library consortium, to: integrate state provided and locally acquired eresources, implement new and upgraded catalog and discovery systems, and other services.
- Responsible for the protection and safe-keeping of confidential data acquired during the course of work.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Academic Libraries
- Institutional Libraries
- Public Libraries
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- University/College Library
- Job Location:
- Southeast Florida
- 3501 Davie Road
- Institution Name :
- Broward College
- 3501 Davie Road
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Apply at https://jobs.broward.edu
A complete online employment application form is required with the following requested documents:
Unofficial Transcript with degree date conferred