SCF seeks employees looking to be part of a culture of service excellence. Responsibilities include the design, delivery, and assessment of reference and instruction for on campus and off campus students, faculty, staff and community library users. This includes support for library management, collection development, outreach, faculty support, programming and planning.
1. Provides instruction, reference, liaison, and access services as assigned, face to face and online.
2. Provides library support, both face-to-face and online for all SCF and SCFCS students, faculty and staff.
3. Develops instructional materials and tools to support the Library’s information literacy instruction curriculum.
4. Engages in collection development activities, as assigned.
5. Together with other college librarians, engages in planning, promotion and assessment of library resources, services, and activities.
6. Collaborates and fosters relationships with other campus departments and external groups.
7. Supervises the work of library assistants or student workers, as required.
8. Designs & implements library outreach as directed.
9. Engages in ongoing professional development; serves on college-wide committees and engages in external professional service and/or scholarship.
10. May be asked to oversee the routine operation of any campus library or learning commons during designated hours as needed.
11. Supports the goals and mission of the library and college.
12. Keeps current with professional standards and practices through professional development and continuing education.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution and two years of academic library experience required.
This position may provide supervision to department staff in the absence of the area supervisor.
Strong communications skills. Ability to work independently and with other team members.
Physical address where the job position is located.
If you have questions or if you need assistance, please email the Human Resources Office at email@example.com.
To request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact our ADA Coordinator at 941-752-5375.