Under limited supervision, the Library Senior Specialist is responsible for providing accounting support for obtaining materials and resources for the Library by preparing, posting, and balancing financial statements, records, and reports in the College's financial system and in the U/C Library’s integrated library system (ILS). This position will also perform duties associated with accounting support, electronic resource acquisition and cataloging, order processing, and digital library development. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Daily -25%: Maintains accurate financial records in the Acquisitions and ERM Modules in the Library Management System, and also in the College accounting system. Tracks and reconciles differences between dissimilar accounting systems. Identifies and assists in resolving problems.
- Daily -20%: Processes orders electronically to vendors. Places direct orders. Collects statistics of materials ordered. Maintains claim system for non-receipt of materials.
- Daily -20%: Processes invoices for payment and inputs data into the Library Management System. Certifies accuracy of invoices. Identifies and assists in resolving problems related to invoicing and with vendors.
- Daily -15%: Prepares purchase orders for library acquisitions using online library system. Searches standard print and online resources to verify bibliographic information and availability. Creates bibliographic and order records in the Library Management System, ensuring completeness and accuracy. Encumbers funds within integrated databases.
- Weekly -5%: Prepares budget summaries for monthly management review. Prepares budget estimates for planning annual spending in support of budget process. Prepare documentation for College purchasing, including Bid Waivers and Purchase Orders. Tracks expenditures under blanket Purchase Orders and recommends budget adjustments as needed.
- Monthly -5%: Revises U/C Library Technical Services Policies and Procedures to conform to changes in College Policy and Procedures regarding procurement and purchasing of materials and services.
- Daily -5%: Supports inventory and quality control activities.
- Daily -5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge, understanding and skills in area of responsibility; including an understanding of concepts and principles of related areas and functions.
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of library services and programs, basic accounting principles and processes, bibliographic records, publishing and publication formats, library metadata, and automated library management systems.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a complex system of rules and procedures.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with vendors.
- Ability to cope with fluctuating workloads.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage own work to job and performance standards.
- Ability to participate as an active team member.
- Ability to lead a group of employees.
- Skilled in the use of word processing, e-mail, and spreadsheet software used by the College.
- Requires intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer systems, i.e. Microsoft Office Products as well as specialized computer systems.
Diversity and Inclusion
Works effectively with all individuals and contributes to a positive environment by working with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and external constituents. Contributes to an inclusive, respectful, and empowering working environment that welcomes diverse perspectives
Respect for Others
Demonstrates respect for team members and constituents by valuing their contributions toward the goals of the work unit and the College. Maintains professionalism and contributes to a cohesive work environment
Cooperates and collaborates with individuals & groups that supports the mission and values of the College
Flexibility & Adaptability
Adapts approaches as situations in the work environment changes. Supports change based on the environmental needs, emerging technologies, and system upgrades
Effectively applies concepts, theories, methods, tools, techniques, and expertise in area of discipline (i.e. HR, Finance, Student Affairs, etc.)
Continuous Improvement & Learning
Actively develops one's own skills and explores opportunities for personal learning and continuous development within the job's functionality and in support of the goals and mission of department, division and the College
Full time Regular
Physical address where the job position is located.
University/College Library, Broward College, Central Campus
3501 SW Davie Road