Responsible for the management of all activities associated with the campus library including: supervising personnel, maintaining library resources, providing library services, and maintaining an appropriate environment.
• Teaches information literacy and library skills to students and faculty, including one shot sessions, embedding in courses, and additional workshops or webinars, as appropriate.
• Works with faculty members, program directors, and instructional designers to incorporate information literacy and library resources into courses and programs on their campus.
• Provides reference and research assistance to students and faculty as needed.
• Adheres to a regular, assigned schedule of monitoring the library’s chat service and general library email inbox, responding to questions and requests that come in during that time.
• Processes interlibrary loan and other resource requests.
• Manages collection development and acquisitions for print resources, and provides input for collection development of electronic resources.
• Catalogs materials and provides/maintains authority control in the integrated library system.
• Participates in University committees and local/state/national library association committees; engages in professional development including conferences, training, research, and/or publication.
• Directs the activities of the library services desk.
• Maintains and manages the physical library space on their campus.
• Trains and supervises the Circulation Manager (where applicable)
• Upholds and enforces official library policies and procedures.
• Meets regularly with other library staff on all campuses to suggest changes or report problems.
• Contributes to university-wide library projects.
• Contributes to meeting the goals in the Library Long Range Plan.
• Other duties as assigned.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Applications may only be submitted through the official online portal: https://jobs.laureate.net/job/saint-augustine/librarian/673/9913459
Please do not email resumes to the hiring manager. However, if you have questions about the position, she will be happy to answer them.