Join our team! The Delray Beach Public Library is an active, diverse and forward thinking public city library! The Children’s Department continues to build on its successes and is a well-regarded hub of family activity, dynamic programming and exceptional collections. It strives to serve the diverse families with early literacy through middle grade programming including STEAM based programming. We are looking for a part time Sunday clerk for Children’s Services. MLS students encouraged to apply. This is a wonderful opportunity for library mentorship as you complete your degree.
This is a part time position from September through May. This position has the potential for added hours and days, as well as responsibilities outside of Children’s Services
Reporting directly to the Head of Children Services, this position is integral to patrons who frequent the library on the weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Helping library patrons with needs including, but not limited to, locating books on the shelves, searching for books in the catalog, and working the circulation desk facilitating check outs and discharges.
· Helping children with any computer and printing questions.
· Answering phones and taking messages for any Children’s Services staff.
· Answering any questions about upcoming programming
· Taking phone registrations for any upcoming programming
· Helping to shelve books
· Occasionally helping to prepare any crafts needed for upcoming programming.
· Ability to lift 25 pounds in the shifting and moving of library materials and equipment required. Ability to navigate stairs, kneel, bend, reach, and stand for programming needs and in the maintenance of an orderly collection on the shelves required.
· Library is open beginning the Sunday before Labor Day until Memorial Day
· Hours are Sundays ONLY from 12:30-5:00 PM
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Part Time Children's Services Position in the subject line