General Definition of Work:
Responsible for the overall operational functions involved in delivery of Circulation Services, including the fair implementation of related policies and procedures. Also participates in routine operation of the circulation desk and public areas, patron assistance. Work is performed under regular supervision.
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks:
Overseas all functions within the circulation services of the library; ensures the efficient and effective delivery of quality customer service and facilitates patron access to materials and electronic resources via public computers. Coordinates staff scheduling of service areas and maintains various usage statistics, records and files.
(The following tasks are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
· Prepares the weekly schedule for patron assistance at the service desk; makes adjustments, accommodates leave requests, and ensures coverage is adequate during all hours of library operation.
· Ensures that the appropriate patron/usage data is gathered, recorded, and reported; in compliance with several required reports.
· Informs staff of new procedures or changes in procedures; recommends policy changes to Administrator as needed. Provides training where appropriate.
· Oversees all aspects of the PPLC holds/reserves exchange of materials, including daily holds list, deliveries, phone requests/inquiries, etc.
· Takes initiative for services provided to patrons with various technologies, devices, etc. Leads in staff training for service delivery in these areas.
· Oversees accuracy of circulation transaction processes, shelving/re-shelving of all formats, and periodic shelf-check/shelf-reading activities.
· Manages related Circ. and public equipment functionality, including frontline troubleshooting: oversees upgrades and maintenance to software; and recommends optimization of upgrades and standardization.
· Keeps the Library Administrator informed regarding “exceptional” scheduling, customer service, needed technologies, and patron issues.
· Provides input for staff performance reviews related to circulation and customer service skills
· Participates in PPLC Circulation Special Interest Group
· Contributes to Circulation Desk service and related tasks
· Performs other duties as assigned
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and some experience in library work or other work dealing with the public.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please visit the City's website www.stpetebeach.org and fill out the application. Applications can be submitted in person, electronically or by mailing.