Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, not required.
Perform duties to provide electronic responses or referrals related to patron requests for any range of Library procedural or reference information and assistance, through the use of Quest Line via telephone, text messaging, chat, email or fax; where resources are varied and may be complex, and where responses may require rapid review of multiple electronic resources, working within the limitations of standard or accepted practice. Uphold the Library System’s mission and values in the pursuit of all duties; respect for the individual, our organization, and the community, excellence in everything we do, and integrity in our actions, while providing excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
1. Respond to requests from patrons primarily via electronic means including telephone, text messaging, chat software, emails, faxes and occasionally in person. Interview patrons as required to determine what is needed. Take action to reserve library materials, renew items, or to respond to general information requests regarding Library locations, hours, policies or procedures, and update customer account information.
2. Respond to customer inquiries or concerns regarding Library cards, fines, missing materials, or parts, service experiences, library events or classes. Process computer class reservations or meeting room requests within the established guidelines and protocols. Advise of cancellation policies and penalties where applicable. Assess fees and fines, inform customers of payment options, and process credit card payments. Initiate Claims Returned process as appropriate. Escalate patron concerns to management for review or follow up as appropriate.
3. Assist customers with the ready reference questions utilizing available electronic resources and refer them to print resources as appropriate. Escalate reference requests to Librarians or others through the development of requests stating customer concerns or questions, when answers are not immediately available.
4. Provide support for database inquiries, PIN resets, and OCLS website guidance, reporting any technical issues to the appropriate departments as directed
5. Provide routine information as to basic operation of public access computers, programs, and access to Internet sites and email. Refer inquiries regarding significant computer training or reference issues to librarians.
1. Perform or assist with any system operations, as required or directed to maintain work flow or respond to emergency conditions.
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
3. Monitor patrons in the Library and remind them of Library policies as required to ensure that the resources of the Library are fully accessible to all patrons.
4. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Computer, usual peripherals, telephone, fax and common office equipment.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Must be able to work 40 hours per week; Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please visit our webiste to apply -