Strong computer and training skills; knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.; 1-2 years of training experience. The successful candidate will also possess: Excellent written and oral communications skills; good customer service skills; energy and enthusiasm to the job and the mission of the Library; ability to function independently in a multi-task situation, as well as function as part of a team; ability to solve practical problem; ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written and oral form and apply to the training content.
Perform duties to plan and conduct computer training classes for patrons and staff in the Main Library, provide patrons with assistance in the use of the Library’s electronic resources including reference systems, and provide clerical support within assigned library segment where material and cataloging or filing systems may be complex or unique and involve specific knowledge of defined materials, working within the limitations of standard or accepted practice. Uphold the Library System’s mission and values in the pursuit of all duties; respect for the individual, our organization, and the community, excellence in everything we do, and integrity in our actions with others, while providing excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
1. Conduct classroom training for the public and for staff. Prepare sign in sheets and completion certificates and manage attendance and cancellation issues in accordance with policy.
2. Assist with scheduling of training programs. Assist patrons and staff to sign up for classes.
3. Monitor computer equipment designated for public access. Perform start up and/or shut down activities in Computer Resource Center and ensure that area is properly maintained and that all required materials and supplies are available.
4. Maintain current awareness and familiarity with new programs, electronic resources and computer equipment. Prepare content, scripts, and materials for electronic resources training classes and teach or assist to classes as assigned. Submit class ideas for approval and create curriculum and hand outs for authorized classes, with detailed instructions for classroom training.
5. Respond to patrons in person and on the telephone. Interpret requests from patrons to initially determine requirements. Assist patrons with general use of computer resources. Provide information and assistance with the operation of public access computers, programs, online catalog and databases, Internet and e-mail. Assist patrons with downloading, saving and printing information. Refer patrons to other staff for assistance with more complex reference and search strategies.
6. Perform basic troubleshooting routines including resolution of printer problems, loose connections and rebooting systems as required. Report the need for more critical maintenance or repair requirements.
7. Communicate and enforce computer use policies. Communicate fees and collect and process receipts through cash register.
8. Maintain and communicate knowledge of the Library’s collection, equipment, policies and procedures, programs, events and activities, use of electronic resources and changes in the Library System. Prepare schedules, notices or ads for offerings related to the Library’s electronic resources and training programs.
9. Track, maintain, and report on any range of information or statistics as required. Document and refer significant issues to manager.
1. Perform or assist with any system operations, under direction, to maintain work flow.
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
3. Monitor patrons in the Library and remind them of Library policies as required to ensure that the resources of the Library are fully accessible to all patrons.
4. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Computers and common peripherals, cash register, LCD projector, Smart Board, designated software, and common office equipment.
Two years college level coursework; AND two (2) years customer service experience and computer competency.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please visit our website to apply.