The persons in this position work at the circulation desk, register patrons for library cards and assist at other library tasks as assigned. They report to the Circulation Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Helping library patrons with needs including, but not limited to, locating books on the shelves, searching for books in the catalog, and working the circulation desk facilitating check outs and discharges.
· Answering phones and taking messages.
· Answering any questions about upcoming programming
· Taking phone registrations for any upcoming programming
· Helping to shelve books
· Occasionally helping to prepare any crafts needed for upcoming programming.
· Ability to lift 25 pounds in the shifting and moving of library materials and equipment required. Ability to navigate stairs, kneel, bend, reach, and stand for programming needs and in the maintenance of an orderly collection on the shelves required.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Email cover letter and resume to Library Director at email@example.com