Job: Campus LIbrarian
Go back to All Jobs
- Campus LIbrarian
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
The campus librarian is responsible for the implementation, coordination, and oversight of all library and media services at the institution. The librarian will provide the following services: collection development, assistance with research, training on library equipment and services, development and enforcement of library and media polices, and collection maintenance. As an administrator, the librarian is responsible for assisting the the implementation of the institution's policies, and should also assist in the direct/indirect professional and academic development of students.
- Management of Media Services
- Training and Orientation of Faculty and Students
- Maintenance of Media Services
- Collection Development
- Utilization Services
- Faculty Book Order Processes
- Assistance with Student Book Distribution
Management Functions - Determine and establishing overall policies with respect to library and media services including
- Policies for maintenance of materials and equipment
- Criteria for evaluation materials and equipment
- Conduct evaluation of adequacy of suitability of facilities, equipment, materials, and services
- Plan arrangements of space and furniture
- Inform users of available services
- Orient users to material and equipment
- Instruct others in the use of materials and arrange in-service workshops on use of equipment
- Inspect materials and equipment for suitablity, obsolescence, and damange
- Report maintenance requirements to administration and arrange for repairs
- Purge collection to eliminate unused and out-of-date material.
- Preview materials
- Select materials
- Evaluate materials
- Acquire materials
- Read evaluative reviews on matierals
- Evaluate equipment
- Acquire equipment
- Select equipment
- Schedule use of materials and equipment
- Collect and arrange materials
- Demonstrate effective utilization of materials
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Master's Degree in Library Science of Library Information Science from an ALA accredited school or the equivalent from a non-ALA approved institution.
- Familiarity with library automation systems and emerging technologies in support of the learning resources concept.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and faculty.
- An understanding and commitment Jersey College policy.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the student body.
- Self-starter, team-player, strong work ethic.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Academic Libraries
- Institutional Libraries
- School Media Centers
- Special Libraries
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- 8131 Baymeadows Circle West - Jersey College MGM Jacksonville
- Job Location:
- Northeast Florida
- 8131 Baymeadows Circle West
- Institution Name :
- Jersey College - School of Nursing - MGM Jacksonville
- 8131 Baymeadows Circle West
- Address 2:
- Suite 101
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Dean Sheena Hicks
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
To apply, please email Cover Letter and Resume to Sheena Hicks - firstname.lastname@example.org