Barry University School of Law in Orlando seeks an Access Services Supervisor. This is a full-time professional position. The Access Services Supervisor will be responsible for the operation of the Law Library Circulation Department. This includes supervising the staffing and the functioning of the Circulation Desk of the Law Library, reserves, inter-library loans, routine retrieval of locally held items for law faculty, staff and students, and ensuring courteous efficient access services to all library patrons, during all hours the Law Library is open.
· Developing, with the input of other Department Heads, circulation policies and procedures designed to maximize library users' access to the collection.
· Under the supervision of the Associate Director, formulates and enforces Library policies and procedures, especially access policies and procedures.
· Collecting, compiling and reporting department statistics.
· Monitors the physical state of the collections and library facilities and reports and arranges for repairs and resolution of issues.
· Oversees the physical delivery of law library material to faculty offices.
· Manages the course reserves program and collection.
· Monitors and tracks patron usage of library facilities.
· Serves as a contact with Public Safety and facilities over security issues.
· Edits, evaluates and generates content for library website.
· Contributes to planning and implementation of programming for the law library.
· Includes full time Circulation Assistants and part-time student employees in addition to hiring, scheduling, training, and evaluations.
· Ensures proper scheduling to maintain department operation and workflow.
· In consultation with the Associate Director and Reference Librarians, creates and reports all changes in library hours due to holidays, exams and intersessions.
· Arranges for and monitors staffing of the law library and room reservation system during operating hours.
· Timely communication of team schedule to all Library staff members.
· Monitoring staff’s public service attitude toward patrons and providing training on library systems and software.
· Assigning loose-leaf filing, shelf-reading, shelving of materials, collection shifting and other related duties to student workers and to Circulation Assistants.
· Serving as the point of contact for training on the Integrated Library System (Sierra).
· Manages the circulation module including maintenance, and troubleshooting.
· Serving as contact for the library for issues relating to copiers, printers, computers, supplies, fax machines and other technology issues which need service calls, repairs, etc.
· Working with the IT Department to resolve computer and other technology issues as they arise.
· Serving as the point of contact for library access policies and procedures.
· MLS degree required.
· Three to five years of professional, non-professional, or combination of professional or non-professional library experience required.
· Minimum of two years of management or supervisory experience required. Library management experience strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with OCLC, ILLiad, WorldCat, Innovative Interfaces System (Sierra).
· Strong supervisory skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please apply via our website http://www.barry.edu/jobs/