This is an entry level management position responsible for managing and creating ILS reports, updating web-page, and information boards. Communicates policy and instructs staff in proper and consistent service. Responsible for planning, collecting, digitizing, and operating the Library’s Historical Archives and Library’s Cataloging. Develops and implements digitization project, provides historical programming, develops City’s oral history project, provides ethnically diverse historical programs, catalogs physical and digital collection. Develops and catalogs a collection of digital, historical, photographic, and original created community materials. Requires supervision and development of full-time and part-time staff. Ensures compliance with library policies and procedures. Position reports to the Librarian Manager.
· Master’s degree in Library Information Science (MLIS) from an ALA accredited program with a bachelor’s degree in History or archives.
· Two (2) years of cataloging and archival experience with a staff of one or larger.
· Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Active involvement in professional organizations (ALA, FLA, Multi-type cooperative, etc.).
· Strong communication skills required, including fluency in English (oral and written). Bilingual preferred (Spanish-English; French/Creole-English).
· Proficient in the use of technology in various areas of service and administration. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products, knowledge Databases, Creative technology, ILS and supportive hardware and software.
· Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s license with minimal citations (no more than six points).
Physical address where the job position is located.
To apply, in person or mail/fax resume to City Hall, Human Resources Dept.17011 N.E. 19th Avenue, North Miami Beach, FL 33162, or fax to 305.787.6034. Applicants may obtain a copy of the NMB’s EEOP Utilization Report on request.