This is position staffs the front Circulation desk and is an evening position at the Bradenton Campus Library. Hours are M-TH 4-9:00, with some daytime hours when Library meetings or training are scheduled.
1. Greets and interacts with library patrons ensuring that their needs are met, whether personally or with assistance from student employees and other staff.
2. Assists with library access, library computer systems, printer, computer, equipment & related technology and room reservations
3. Performs circulation or other related library work, independently or as part of a team.
4. Helps patrons in the use of public access catalog, and refers those requiring professional assistance to librarian.
5. Interfaces with library management system, which may include maintenance of resource collections, reports, etc.
6. Prepares information and statistical data for reports, tracking and special studies.
7. Assists with coordinating copier, printer and computer issues.
8. Assists with the withdrawal or processing of library materials.
9. Places and removes financial library obligations to student records in Banner.
10. Participate in library, college or technology training as needed.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and database software. Within three months of hire must be able to use college e-mail and other college required software, including the library management system software.
Applicants with Academic library experience with knowledge of LCSH is preferred.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Online application: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2847