We are looking for a Library Director to manage the library at our Fort Lauderdale location and branch libraries at our Hollywood and Miami locations. Under the administrative direction of the Executive Directors and the Directors of Education, the Library Director performs administrative work in planning, directing and coordinating the operation of the libraries.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
· Supervises and provides library services which may include reference service, interlibrary loan, serials management, acquisitions and bibliographic instruction.
· Supervises and provides library technical services which may include cataloging, materials processing, and interlibrary loan processing.
· Evaluates, selects, and maintains library collections that meets curriculum needs.
· Ensures the libraries remain within budgetary allocations.
· Develops library goals and objectives in conjunction with campus constituents.
· Develops and upholds the City College library policies with other City College Library Directors.
· Collaborates with faculty, departments, and the library committee to ensure that the library collection meets curriculum needs.
· Assists the Hollywood and Miami campus with collection development and training
· Oversees the library assistants at the Hollywood and Miami campus
· Assists corporate staff with maintaining and developing LibGuides for the libraries
· May assist as testing proctor for entrance testing.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Education, Vice President/Executive Director or President
Physical address where the job position is located.