Job: Senior Library Technical Assistant
Go back to All Jobs
- Senior Library Technical Assistant
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Gain valuable experience working in an academic health sciences library - and have some fun, too!
The Harriet F. Ginsburg Health Sciences Library at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine in Orlando, Florida has an opening for a Senior Library Technical Assistant. We are looking for someone who wants to gain experience working in a library performing typical library functions (e.g., working the library front desk, checking in and out materials to users, etc.), and who has an interest in social media and event planning. This is a fun and dynamic library and we are an energetic team! Check out what we've been up to: @ucfcomhsl on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- working a daily shift at the library front desk
- managing the marketing and editorial calendar for the library
- managing all of the library's social media accounts
- creating and curating original content for all library social media platforms
- creating copy for flyers and emails for library events and services
- creating and implementing marketing campaigns for new library events and services
- writing copy for library newsletter
- assisting with coordinating library events and functions designed to promote use and awareness of library services including planning, organizing, set up, management, and take down of events
This is an hourly OPS (Other Personnel Services) position, authorized up to 40 hours per week, at $15.00/hour. Hourly OPS employees may be eligible for state-sponsored health insurance benefits if working 30 hours or more per week. Note OPS employees are not eligible for sick or annual leave, or tuition waver.
This position is open until filled.
Minimum required education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Harriet F. Ginsburg Health Sciences Library
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 6850 Lake Nona Blvd.
- Institution Name :
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- 6850 Lake Nona Blvd
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Natasha Williams
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Applications will be reviewed beginning July 1, 2019.
Interested? Send your resume/CV and cover letter to Natasha Williams, User Services Librarian at email@example.com.