Job: Digital Projects and User Experience Librarian (Part-Time)
Go back to All Jobs
- Digital Projects and User Experience Librarian (Part-Time)
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Under the general supervision of the Library Director, this part time librarian works in a collaborative environment to actively engage with students and faculty to understand and effectively respond to their information and research needs at the point of contact, working closely with writing faculty and faculty librarians to foster and encourage a culture of learning and use of library resources, collections, research and writing services.
This part time position also works to evaluate and improve the users’ experience of the library’s website on major platforms, while also utilizing innovative teaching and learning pedagogies, and educational and emerging technologies for instruction and when developing learning objects. The Digital Projects & User Experience Librarian contributes her/his individual skills and experience as needed in order to support the library’s mission, values, and objectives, relying on teamwork and judgment in establishing priorities among changing and competing demands.
The Digital Projects and User Experience Librarian is also responsible for monitoring LionsShare (social networking platform similar to Facebook) and, in collaboration with the other faculty librarians, developing marketing strategies to promote and market the library to its users at all locations. This position plays a key role in working on Information Literacy and Outreach projects as part of the reference research and instruction section of the Daniel A. Cannon Memorial Library.
Duties and Tasks:
- Works closely with the library Technical support specialist to evaluate the library website for responsiveness to devices, increase functionality, and increase usability for all users, including ADA compliance initiatives
- Provides non-traditional and traditional reference for students and faculty to support the mission of the University (10-15 hours per week)
- Works to build interest and engagement with the library faculty, staff, and facilities, increasing foot traffic to the building
- Develops and implements library marketing to better engage student members in the use and application of information resources.
- Develops and maintains academic relationships with students and faculty in LionsShare and other University online platforms to encourage academic and professional growth, and use of the library.
- Teaches library instruction sessions -in person and via the web or other technologies.
- Assists students in improving their research and writing skills
- Collection development targeted to support the curriculum of the university and the development of the student as a whole person
- Some weekends and evenings may be required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master's Degree from an American Library Association accredited program in Library and Information Studies, and some teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Knowledge of USX or multimedia background and experience creating and developing videos and multimedia projects, as well as working on LibGuides with cascading stylesheets.
- Understanding of reference, research, or liaison services in an academic or research library environment.
- Knowledge of best practices in marketing the library to increase user engagement
- Writing support skills to assist students improve their research and writing skills
- User Experience (USX) skills for library website
- Effective and engaging instruction and presentation skills.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing skills
- Computer application skills using Microsoft Office, LibAnswers, and other library-related software
- Ability to work in a team environment where consultation, flexibility, creativity, collaboration, and cooperation are essential. Must be service-oriented, energetic, collegial, and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects independently while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly, creatively, and collaboratively with others in a changing, lean, and fast-paced environment with a diverse population. Proactive and interested in outreach efforts for information literacy and integrating IL into the curriculum.
- Ability to learn new software and programs
- Adventurous enough to expand or shift range of responsibilities to meet evolving campus needs.
- Ability to effectively use the reference interview to assist students at all locations.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Saint Leo University
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 33701 FL-52
- Saint Leo
- Institution Name :
- Saint Leo University
- 33701 FL-52
- Saint Leo
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Doris Van Kampen-Breit
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Only applications sent through Saint Leo University's official employment website will be considered.