Job: Administrative Specialist I - Tech Services Deliver Specialist
Go back to All Jobs
- Administrative Specialist I - Tech Services Deliver Specialist
- Number position available:
- $13.76 - $17.75
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Administrative Specialist I (Working Title: Technical Services Delivery Specialist): This is a Technical Services administrative specialist position responsible for receiving library materials and preparing library materials for transit to the libraries. In the team environment employees will participate in setting unit, library, and system goals, contribute to decision making and evaluation of progress. Employees will collaborate with co-workers to support the team process.
- Implements standards of service that ensure the prompt and efficient resolution of each inquiry from internal and external customers, delivered with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- Keeps abreast of developments, new trends, and innovations in libraries.
- Provides information to internal customers as needed.
- Attends library team meetings.
- Provides assistance at service desks and to other sections as needed.
- Represents Sarasota County to library users.
- Receives and verifies deliveries of all materials against order/packing slips and invoices.
- Performs routine problem solving with deliveries.
- Compiles and logs receipt information regarding shipping errors, missing or damaged items.
- Prepares items for processing.
- Performs and oversees security tagging of all materials.
- Sets all materials ready to be shipped to library locations to In Transit codes and prepares for courier deliveries.
- Participates as a member or Team Leader in assigned short-term special projects.
- Participates in cross training in other sections and aids in cross training in their section.
- Provides opportunities for continuing professional development of self and others, especially in acquiring relevant understanding and skills.
- Attends annual cash management training and assists in all areas of business unit cash management as required.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education and 0 - 2 years business-related experience or exposure. Possesses an aptitude and willingness to learn.
Job Competencies: Effective verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of standard library procedures. Skill in operating computers and standard office equipment. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work productively in a team environment. Responds appropriately to controversy or sensitive issues, places priority on responses to internal/external issues.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Sarasota, FL
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
- Address 2:
- 5th Floor
- Institution Name :
- Sarasota County Libraries and Historical Resources
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Lorel Reinstrom
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 941 861-5480
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please apply online.