Job: Central Services Coordinator
Go back to All Jobs
- Central Services Coordinator
- Number position available:
- $45,801.60 - $59,675.20
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Central Services Coordinator (Official Job Title: Supervisor (General Government)): This is a professional managerial position which provides day to day oversight and operation of Info Central, including hiring, coaching, evaluating staff and managing a number of system-wide programs. The employee in this position will ensure that other team members participate in individual, library and system goals and contribute to decision making and evaluation of progress through training, practice and evaluation.
Subject to Passing Substance Screening
This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
- Implements standards of service that ensure the prompt and efficient resolution of each inquiry by internal and external customers, delivered with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- Keeps abreast of developments, trends, and innovations in libraries.
- Provides assistance at service desks and in other sections.
- Represents Sarasota County to Library users.
- Provides prompt, courteous customer service to patrons when answering reference, directional and/or readers advisory questions.
- Exemplary working knowledge of the databases and electronic resources offered by the library system.
- Determines and implements research strategies and utilizes print and electronic resources to answer patron reference questions.
- Manages system programs including: Ask A Librarian, Books by Mail, Interlibrary Loan and others as directed.
- Manages Unique Management collection program for Sarasota County Library System, maintaining system policies while seeking solutions for special circumstances.
- Provides day to day oversight and supervision of the Info Central staff, including annual performance appraisals and 6-month reviews (for probationary employees).
- Performs Teleforms follow-up.
- Participates in developing and implementing of Info Central policies and procedures and provides recommendations for improving operational efficiency.
- Record phone messages and ensure accurate timetables for phone menus.
- As a rep to the County Contact Center, edit and create FAQs to the Knowledge Base as needed.
- Gather usage statistics and completes reports as requested.
Provides opportunities for continuing professional development of self and others, especially in acquiring relevant understanding and skills.
Provides leadership and creates a work environment that encourages participation and problem solving.
Participates in cross training to work in other sections and aids in cross training staff in his/her section.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum of a High School Diploma and four (4) years of related experience, including supervisor experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Graduation from a four (4) year college or university with a major coursework in Library Science, English, Communications or related field preferred. 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
Job Competencies: Requires effective communication techniques, good written and verbal interaction. Ability to assign duties to others, basic budgetary skills, and good client/customer relations. Knowledge of basic policies and procedures, as well as good work management system skills. Knowledge of basic software applications, Internet/Intranet operations, Internet searching, and basic office equipment including computers, copiers, phones, etc.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Selby Public Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 1331 First Street
- Institution Name :
- Sarasota County Libraries and Historical Resources
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
- Address 2:
- 5th Floor
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Jennifer Perry
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please apply online.