Open Requirements include:
- A Master's Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program is required.
- At least five years in proven, progressively responsible management/decision-making positions in library environments.
- Must have knowledge and possess an understanding of the trends and best practices in public librarianship, customer service, and organizational dynamics.
- A valid state Driver's License is required prior to application and must be maintained.
- Must qualify prior to application, obtain and maintain during employment a City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
- Future-oriented, can articulate a vision of possibilities and likelihood of their success; has broad knowledge and perspective.
- Experience with managing or guiding innovative solutions from idea generation and planning stages through implementation.
- Highly skilled at developing staff at all levels; able to foster succession planning strategies that allow assigned team members to reach or exceed potential.
- Can inspire and motivate entire units of the organization with ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision as well as a sense of purpose.
- Adeptly manages change, comfortably shifts gears, and manages risk and uncertainty; decisive and action oriented without having the total picture.
- Ability to effectively present in a variety of formal settings - one on one, group, peers, direct reports, etc.
- Command attention and manage group process.
- Adaptive and responsive management style with triage skills to quickly prioritize tasks.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and communication skills that foster a creative approach to balancing risk and reward in problem-solving.
- Ability to relate well and build appropriate rapport and relationships with a variety of people in all levels of the organization, as well as people outside the organization.
- Addresses and resolves conflict equitably, seeking common ground and cooperation when possible.
- Skilled at reading situations quickly and focusing attention to gain understanding of conflict situations and prompt results.
- Uses diplomacy and tact and can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. Employees are afforded 11 paid holidays plus a paid personal day. Our comprehensive benefit programs include defined contribution retirement plan, medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance coverage for you and your dependents; flexible spending plans for medical reimbursement, dependent care; an employee assistance program for you and your dependents; a 457(b) tax-deferred compensation plan to supplement your retirement, and a ROTH IRA plan. We also provide an extensive wellness program that includes a health intervention program if qualified, lunch and learns, health fairs, and discounted gym memberships.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. In order to be considered for this position you MUST apply online at www.coj.net/jobs.