The Part-Time Library Assistant/Evening Supervisor is an essential member of the Eckerd College
Library's Public Services team. The staff member acts as both an evening supervisor of Work Scholars, a
circulation desk attendant, and is responsible for library security, library systems, customer service and
reference referrals for Library patrons during evenings and weekends, approximately 25 hours/week.
Desired coverage of Wednesday and Thursday evenings 5:00 pm to midnight, Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00
pm, and Sunday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Reduced hours occur during intersessions in the academic
calendar, including the summer months.
● Perform Library opening and closing procedures.
● Train and supervise Library Work Scholars to ensure exemplary levels of customer service.
● Circulation desk coverage weekends and weekday evenings including responding to patron
inquiries regarding library collections, accounts, policies and procedures.
● Patron assistance and troubleshooting of library technology and software, including computers,
copiers, printers, scanners, microfilm, and integrated displays.
● Ensure access to all library materials including ILL, collections, and media requiring knowledge
of the Library of Congress Classification System.
● Supervision of the Course Reserve collection, processing faculty requests, and preparing
materials to ensure prompt student access requiring advanced knowledge of library systems and
● Process Interlibrary Loan requests and assist with the Eckerd Express Delivery Service.
● In-person, online, and telephone research inquiries and referrals to Library Faculty.
● Compile assessment data and generate statistical reports using Microsoft Access.
● Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with PCs and software to ensure the functionality of
library systems and operations and to respond to patron requests for assistance.
● Patron compliance with Library policies and procedures.
● Library security and maintenance referrals.
● Additional duties as assigned.
● The current pay rate for the position is $12.00 per hour.
Education / Desired Qualifications:
● High School diploma required; college course work desired.
● Advanced customer service skills including greeting library patrons, answering phones, and ensuring access to library materials.
● Supervisory experience including managing, training, and mentoring employees. Experience working with student employees desired.
● Microsoft Office and Google Suite proficiency.
● The ability to troubleshoot technical issues relating to copiers, printers, scanners, microfilm machines and personal computers (Windows and Macs).
Physical address where the job position is located.
Applications must be submitted through the Eckerd Human Resources Site: