Job: Digital Access Librarian
Go back to All Jobs
- Digital Access Librarian
- Number position available:
- competitive The position offers a hiring salary commensurate with the education, experience, and qualifications along with a benefits package.
- Job Category:
- Networking & Automation
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
The Macdonald-Kelce Library at The University of Tampa has an opening for a Digital Access Librarian. The Digital Access Librarian develops and manages systems and services which support the library’s electronic resources. The incumbent is responsible for implementing systems that facilitate the discovery, curation, and delivery of library services and content. Administers and licenses the library’s electronic product packages. Ensures cross-platform navigation for the library’s digital solutions. The incumbent works in a team atmosphere with a variety of partners and groups, both internal and external, to resolve access issues, and also works to proactively manage technical changes to preempt such problems. This librarian maintains the integrity and reliability of the library’s virtual resources.
- Responsible for reviewing licenses of electronic resources including but not limited to databases, ejournals and ebooks.
- Administers, customizes and maintains the library’s authentication mechanism and configuration.
- Manages access to and discovery of electronic resources via the Library's discovery system, link resolver, and knowledgebase.
- Manages the backend and user experience for the discovery system including any customization.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports data regarding usage of electronic resources to inform library decision-making.
- Troubleshoots functionality issues and resolves access errors for electronic resources. Works with vendors to track and resolve access problems that cannot be addressed in-house. Provides support to library users.
- Explores and identifies new and emerging technologies in collaboration with library and technology staff to deliver information and services to library users.
- Serves as a faculty liaison to assigned subject areas. Perform subject specific professional work, including outreach, collection development, and library reference to students and faculty.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program.
- Two years’ experience in discovery systems, link resolvers, and e-resources.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate appropriately within and outside of the library.
- Experience with troubleshooting URLs and other access issues.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for innovation with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including users, librarians and technical staff, vendors and consortia partners.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Microsoft Access, SQL or Excel.
- Experience providing reference services.
- Working knowledge of MARC21.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of XML, HTML and basic web design.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Macdonald-Kelce Library
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- University of Tampa
- Address 2:
- 401 West Kennedy Blvd.
- Institution Name :
- Macdonald-Kelce Library University of Tampa
- 401 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Marlyn Pethe
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please go to the Human Resources page for the Digital Access Librarian at https://utampa.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Staff/job/Tampa/Digital-Access-Librarian_R0003622. There is an apply button.